This is a commissioned sales position. Responsible to win the enterprise and architecture decision by offering unified, cohesive solutions based on Intel and its fellow traveler's products and services.
Federal BD/Capture Manager
Responsible for leading the strategic programmatic Capture efforts in the Defense, Civilian, and Intelligence Community Federal accounts. This individual is expected to be a subject matter expert in the capture process involved in developing and executing a win strategy for Program Capture in coordination with Field/Inside Sales, Proposal, Legal, Finance, and System Integrator Managers. This is a senior-level individual contributor position with a competitive compensation plan based on major program milestones and wins.
• Provide overall Capture Management for Federal contracts.
• Works closely with the Senior Management and Sales Account Team to provide relevant analysis/market information and strategic recommendations to result in a bid/no-bid decision.
• Manage simultaneous capture activities (e.g., bids and proposals, strategic vendor relationships, and strategic teaming agreements) and manage all aspects of qualifying, teaming, and positioning for opportunity pursuits.
• Monitor relevant bid-boards to help find and track new and existing opportunities.
• Ensure Program Capture pipeline is aligned with the associated Sales Director’s priorities
• Perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
• Support customer relationships with customer call plans and monitoring contracting information through a variety of business development websites.
• Leads pursuit team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition that meets the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks.
• Proven program management skills and able to demonstrate leadership capabilities.
• Prepare and provide information and decision briefings for senior management.
• Develop Capture Team organization and coordinate with staff principals for resource inclusion.
• Develop and lead proposal reviews throughout the capture cycle.
• Oversee development and presentation of Orals when required.
• Support price to win (PTW) analysis and helps establish the PTW target.
• Responsible for assembling all required resources/skills to develop proposal, pursue and win large Federal contracts.
• Coordinates deal team efforts with sponsorship of sales Regional Director’s priorities.
• Responsible for validating/endorsing the technical solution in close partnership with the Solution Architect and/or Sales Engineering Team.
• Works with delivery team to assure that solution design can be properly delivered.
• Develops deal timeline and ensures that the pursuit team meets deal milestones and deadlines.
• Post-award, leads a handoff process to transition a contract to Delivery team to lead.
• 10 or more years of relevant experience, including Program Capture and Business Development and/or solution sales with major Security, IT providers or software companies.
• Proven ability to articulate compelling, industry focused, value propositions at executive levels
• Demonstrated success in the development and capture of large government programs
• Adept at negotiating and establishing teaming arrangements/agreements
• Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management.
• Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities.
• Great team player with a strong drive to win.
• Willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities.
• Familiarity with a broad range of application, security and infrastructure software is desirable.
• Strategic thinking and planning skills: demonstrated effectiveness in conducting market analysis, prioritizing investments, and measuring outcomes
• Ability to work in a matrixed environment and across multiple disciplines to orchestrate desired outcomes. Must be skilled in working with cross-functional virtual teams in remote locations.
• Ability to travel 40%
• Security Clearance or ability to get one. Must be a US Citizen.