Technical Support Engineer - Tier II
Are you ready to be part of a company that provides world class security products, solutions and is a market leader? Do you have the skills to be part of the Network Security team that protects some of the largest organizations in the world? Do you have a passion for creative problem solving?
You too, can be part of our community of talented employees who create the best experiences for our customers.
What you'll do
- Provide proactive assistance to Tier I agents
- Resolve queries that come in via telephone or portal
- Meet key metrics and goals centered around customer satisfaction
- Provide overall escalation management and technical solutions when issues are reported
- Review open issues on a daily basis, update our customers on the status of their escalated cases, and assist in the reproduction of issues
- Establishing effective lines of communication with our Tier III team and management to ensure cases are flagged that require immediate attention
- Share knowledge, provide articles to the Knowledge Base team, and communicate new product information and known issues
- Provide technical problem resolution and fully document the resolution in the call tracking system
- Participate in an on-call bridges for high severity incidents
- Create and deliver instructor-led training for Tier 1 support groups
- Several years' experience in a comparable role Strong UNIX/Linux background and experience
- Strong Networking skills
- Strong working and theoretical understanding of the OSI Layer model.
- Troubleshooting experience in solving complex technical problems
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels with customers i.e. technical / management
- Excellent at providing positive customer service Ability to support multiple products simultaneous
- Desirable B.S.C. in Computer Science or related field Understanding of a wide variety of protocols, including snmp, smtp, wmi, syslog, ssh, ntp, dhcp, dns, cifs, and nfs.
- Experience in understanding packet captures and using tools such as Wireshark
- Ability to read and understand scripts to locate where issues are occurring
- Understanding of device hardware
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice InclusiveCandor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.