Global cybersecurity leader McAfee is seeking an experienced and passionate Software QA Engineer to help drive the high quality of our Enterprise Security products.
Working at our central Brighton development centre, the ideal candidate will exhibit a good understanding of software testing and validation, be able to think like a user in order to define creative test scenarios, and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, this is a unique opportunity to influence and contribute to a critical part of McAfee’s enterprise business that protects our customers’ data in one of the most vibrant cities in the UK.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Interact with the development teams to come up with test designs that satisfy their requirements
- Develop and execute test plans
- Review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide timely feedback to ensure that software is written in a testable fashion.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Use strong focus in agile development/testing practices, test driven development, and risk based testing to ensure efficient release testing
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly all bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Mentor and co-ordinate junior QA engineers on the team
- Demonstrated experience in a Software Test (black box/system test).
- Proven experience in writing and executing test scripts and plans.
- Exposure to variety of Testing platforms (Windows Server, Windows desktop, Mac)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including Dev and QA teams, Program/Product managers, Technical Publications and other Project Stakeholders.
- A keen interest/experience in maximizing efficiency in QA.
- Understanding of risk-based testing or other approaches to increase efficiency.
- Able to adapt positively to project changes, and multitask.
- Working knowledge of Software Development principles and methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall.
- Degree Level Computing Qualification or equivalent
Do Not Use