Job Title: Senior Program Manager. Location: New Jersey (Basking Ridge Area)
Reports to – Director and Program Executive, North American ISP
Overview of the Group:
The WW Partner Solutions Team is part of McAfee Consumer’s Mobile and ISP (MISP) Business Unit whose focus is to put the customer at the center of all that we do
This group leads the integration and deployment of McAfee’s security solutions with our service providers and MNO partners. The Group spans the breadth of responsibilities from partner readiness of new products, 3rd party integration, partner enablement, channel product management, and program management.
The Group is a critical partner with Sales/Business Development and Engineering to define and develop business solutions and applications for McAfee’s partners’ and end users with a focus on integration, user experience, and monetization.
The road-map for the Group has a strong focus on integrating our router and network solutions for distribution by our Partners to their respective customer-base. It will also focus on next generation features and solutions. This requires diverse and deep knowledge into McAfee products and systems. It requires someone to learn and adapt aggressively to technology.
Are you passionate about formulating and building and integrating end-to-end solutions?
Do you find engaging with customers and partners an enriching experience?
Are you zealous about solving complex engineering problems that have very high visibility in the organization?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment that requires a combination of team work collaboration and independent thinking?
If yes, we would be interested in having you join our team and look forward to hearing from you.
About the Role:
This position involves managing a Tier 1 partnership from both a business and technical aspect. The role will manage project deployment ensuring milestones are met for multiple work streams across both McAfee and the Partner organizations in multiple business units – managing communications and alignment between –
This role requires depth in business and technical acumen. It requires an individual to think through innovative solutions to address challenging customer problems; leadership to meet program objectives within the approved timeframe, scope and budget. Perhaps most importantly, the role requires the ability to understand customer technical requirements and how those requirements relate to specific business objectives. This ability to fully “hear” and respond to customers and in some cases, challenge the customers thinking is a critical success factor. Finally, you will evaluate project team progress and communicate status to management effectively.
- Manage multiple simultaneous cross functional teams and agile projects across various sites & geographical locations. (Work directly with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and IT to gather product requirements, define key tasks, track project deliverables, dependencies, and milestones throughout the complete project lifecycle).
- Track and drive project lifecycle processes, scheduling, risk management, and conflict resolution techniques.
- Create and maintain detailed project schedules and project management plans, considering all dependencies and constraints.
- Must possess professional management skills; leadership, effective listening, planning, influencing, negotiating, problem-solving, and load balancing.
- Must be able to drive process and achieve results in an ever-changing environment without direct authority.
- Manage change in accordance with the change management plan to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts.
- Motivate the team using appropriate tools and techniques to increase commitment to the program objectives.
- Establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
- Managing projects within a fast-paced environment where priorities can change.
- Capture program status and data by ensuring the population of the program management information system to maintain accurate and current program information for the use of stakeholders.
- Obtain senior management approval for the program by presenting the program plan with its high-level costs and benefits for the organization to receive authorization to proceed to the next phase(s).
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Must be highly motivated and equally comfortable working 2-week or 6-month plus projects in a pressured dynamic atmosphere.
- Must have experience with project lifecycles, scheduling, risk management, and conflict resolution techniques.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication for both internal and external communications.
- Must have Agile Project Management experience.
- Must possess professional management skills; leadership, planning, influencing, negotiating, problem-solving and load balancing
- Experience in delivering software product solutions to ISPs and partnerships.
- Experience in ecommerce & web domain based projects will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Software Development and/or Testing will be an added advantage.
- Experience in networking and/or security domain products
- Excellent Risk and Issue Management skills. Proactively identify risks and issues and have appropriate mitigation/contingency/action plans created by the risk/issue owner.
- High passion & commitment to execute projects as per the timelines set.
- Willingness to learn new processes, propagate them and drive change management.
- Provide recommendations to streamline or make existing processes more efficient.
- Willingness to work on fast paced projects including meetings & calls beyond normal business hours.
- Ability to measure the health of the project/s by using appropriate metrics.
- Must be proficient in MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent, PMP certification, Scrum Master certification with a strong background in Business Administration and negotiations
Language/Communication Skills: A high proficiency in writing and small group communications.
Securing Your Digital World™ McAfee believes that amazing things can be accomplished by diverse teams of talented individuals. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you.
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
This position involves managing a Tier 1 partnership from both a business and technical aspect. The role will manage project deployment ensuring milestones are met for multiple work streams across both McAfee and the Partner organizations in multiple business units
New York, New York;