As a Software Engineer – Tech Lead, a typical day might include following:
- Extensive knowledge of implementation of the full product lifecycle and development using agile /scrum processes.
- Expert with Microsoft ADK Tool
- Expertise in Creating Automation Framework.
- Expertise in SDK Integration QA.
- Able to plan projects and manage deliveries to schedule.
- Able to track risks and issues and communicate in a timely manner to management.
- Strong understanding of metrics for QA and software development activities.
- Able to ensure that all aspects of a product building and release are considered and achieved.
- Cross team and cross site communication required. Ability to see beyond his/her responsibility, share ideas and drive change at a cross team level.
- Act as a Technical Role Model for Team.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Encourages new ideas from others.
- Generates and maintains a creative and change-oriented environment, which leads to new and effective ideas.
- Encourages and facilitates beneficial resolution to conflict.
- Exercises calm, sound, constructive judgement during conflicts or awkward situations.
- Arranges specific assignments or projects to challenge others and stretch their ability and self confidence.
- Interpersonal understanding: Makes inferences that go beyond the explicit content and emotion.
- Understands current, unexpressed or poorly expressed thoughts, concerns or feelings. Is able to be the voice of the team members.
- Able to effectively balance the expectations of management and the team.
- Able to do career planning and mentoring for the team members.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of the market.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Master of Engineering in Computer Science. 10+ yrs. of related experience.
- 5+ years as a project technical lead, leading software development projects and team leadership experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in Testing Domain Expertise in White Box QA.
- Experience executing projects using agile processes.
- Expert in creating Automation framework and complete hands on End to End Automation for Enterprise based Project.
- Expert in Python or similar language.
- Able to create tools to Test SDK and API’s in Windows and Linux Platforms.
- Experience in Security Domain.
- Good working knowledge on Databases.
- Excellent communication skills, including across global teams.
- Able to design/ develop and deliver technical training programs for the team.
- Able to research new areas, products, technology, and implement improvement in existing products. Extensive Networking Concepts and experience in Test Bed set up.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills.
- Coding Skills - Writes clean maintainable code independently. Can write code to solve large scale and highly complex problems.
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
Technical Lead – Software Development Engineer
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry’s top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
Our software engineers have the opportunity to touch the entire software ecosystem! In fact, by number of employees, we are one of the most influential software companies in the world. At McAfee, you’ll be at the forefront of everything from enhanced usability and security, to integrated software and hardware solutions, to seamless connectivity. We're looking for more great software engineer leaders who can help us push computing capabilities even further. Those who are passionately motivated by seeing their advanced product design creations used by millions of end users.