At McAfee we are team of diversified technology engineers with intelligent and passionate with data.We are looking for an experienced senior data analytics engineer, with BigData back ground, who can help us to develop analytics tools and solutions. These solutions will be dedicated to improving the quality of Data,
Working with Analytics Team, be a catalyst for change across products by developing engineering tools, control strategies, system optimization and diagnostic algorithms for internal and external customers.
- Establishes and maintains collaboration with other internal teams for Tools and SDKs uses to apply for the application of production and proprietary algorithms
- Reads and understands algorithms and other techniques from academic papers
- Owns requirement analysis completely along with the team
- Implements solutions to complex problems using Machine Learning and Optimization Algorithms
- Generates reports for decision-making using data visualization and data mining
- Leads innovation by applying data analysis skill sets to develop cutting edge tools and solutions
- Understand end to end analytics stacks from data collection, clean-up, storage, processing, visualization.
- Participates in the development Business Platform and systems to improve reliability, cost and customer value
- Can handle design of multiple related modules
- Can do performance tuning of stored data in database and processing algorithm
- Very proficient across all eng process
- Ensures that all the team members are compliant on company standards
- Guides other team members on best practices
- Champions and strives to implement most of the relevant BKMs.
- Suggests and implements corrective and preventive actions for bugs and MI's
- Able to set up and run code reviews, can spot performance related issues during code review
- Able to document details of functionality, design and architecture of a components
- Ability to lead inspections on test documentation and all other project documentation
- Strives to automate all manual effort in the project life cycle
- Sees opportunities and sets new processes
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, engineering, computer science or related major plus a minimum of 8 to 14 years of applicable experience in data analytics or a similar quantitative field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively through the problem-solving process
- Ability to work on virtual teams with members around the globe
- Applicant must have experience coding Python, R, Java or similar language
- Strong knowledge on Hive/ Impala/ Spark
- He should have ability to visualize data for stack holders using tools like PowerBI.
- Must be able to process, clean and verify the integrity of raw data.
- Must have strong applied statistic skills such as understanding of probability distributions, statistical inference, and experimental design
- Must be able to lead the development of algorithms for complex systems for the purposes of understanding, prediction and optimization
- Must have knowledge in mathematical optimization and Machine Learning
- BE/ BTech in engineering or 8 years of relevant experience in a technology field
- MS/ MTech in data analytics or related major with 4 - 8 years of experience
- Experience with modelling techniques for complex systems and machine learning
- Technical knowledge in some of the following: NumPy, and R packages