The McAfee Enterprise Endpoint Engineering team in Cork, Ireland is responsible for developing native innovative security solutions on both Windows or Linux. We are looking to add talented software engineers to this team.
McAfee is committed to Scrum and Test-Driven Development (TDD) and therefore, the successful candidate should be passionate about software engineering best practices and driven to embrace leading-edge engineering tools and techniques.
Are you enthusiastic about solving complex engineering problems that have very high visibility within the organization?
If yes, we would be interested in having you in our team and look forward to hearing from you.
Basic Function, Scope & Responsibilities of the Position
The primary job responsibility of the team is design and development of enterprise-level applications and system-services on Windows and Linux (typically developed using C++). The team requires both client and server development skills, therefore we are looking for a mixed set of skills to create a balanced team.
- Interpret high-level requirements and business proposals and translate these to forward-looking architecture and design specifications.
- Perform analysis and design using object-oriented techniques and, where applicable, apply software design patterns to devise elegant solutions that can be easily maintained and extended.
- Write well-formatted, commented and readily-understood code.
- Write unit-tests to verify the integrity of your code such that refactoring can proceed at pace.
- Perform design and code reviews within the team, mentor and coach junior engineers and uphold engineering best-practice.
- Manage the code-base through the full development life-cycle.
- Debug complex issues and apply fixes under time-pressured situations.
- Apply the necessary rigours to build solid and secure code.
You must be a team player, capable of working alongside other engineers and testers, often located remotely. At times, you will be required to work independently with minimal supervision. You must also demonstrate flexibility to work across a range of technologies, in a dynamic environment, depending on project requirements.
Specific Skills & Experience Required
- Strong experience in software design and development and a thorough understanding of software release processes.
- Good level of experience developing software in C++.
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented design. Familiarity with software design patterns is desirable.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot challenging engineering problems.
- Must possess good communication and collaboration skills and demonstrate the ability and flexibility to work as part of a global team across multiple time-zones.
- A good understanding of Windows or Linux internals is an advantage.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent. (We will consider other qualifications, if supported by good experience in the field.)
- M.Sc. in technology-related subject would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience of developing security software is a distinct advantage though experience in systems programming or Infrastructure/Framework development will also be considered.
Do Not Use