The McAfee Globalization Platform Development team in Cork, Ireland is responsible for developing and maintaining the infrastructure used by McAfee to globalize our content. We create solutions for all functions within McAfee that require localized content. We are looking to add talented software development engineers to this team.
McAfee is committed to Scrum and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery therefore, you should be passionate about software engineering best practices and driven to embrace leading-edge engineering tools and techniques.
Are you passionate about solving complex engineering problems that have very high visibility within the organization?
If yes, we would be interested in having you in our team and look forward to hearing from you.
Basic Function, Scope & Responsibilities of the Position
The primary job responsibility of the team is design and development of enterprise-level applications and system-services on Windows. The team requires both client, server and database development skills, therefore we are looking for a mixed set of skills to build a balanced team.
- Interpret high-level requirements and business proposals and translate these to forward-looking architecture and design specifications.
- Perform analysis and design using object-oriented techniques and, where applicable, apply software design patterns to devise elegant solutions that can be easily maintained and extended.
- Write well-formatted, commented and readily-understood code.
- Write unit-tests to verify the integrity of your code
- Perform design and code reviews within the team, mentor and coach junior engineers and uphold engineering best-practice.
- Be responsible for the code-base through the full development life-cycle.
- Debug complex issues and apply fixes under time-pressured situations.
- Apply the necessary rigours to build validated and secure code.
- Creating Documentation
Are you an excellent teammate, capable of working alongside other development team members on site? Can you work independently with minimal supervision? Can you also demonstrate flexibility to work across a range of technologies, in a dynamic environment, depending on project requirements?
Specific Skills & Experience Required
- Strong experience in software design and development and a deep understanding of software release processes.
- Experience with Web Technologies such as HTML 5 CSS3 and AngularJS
- Experience in working with relational Databases
- Strong working knowledge of Git
- Have experience in working with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented design. Familiarity with software design patterns is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to fix challenging engineering problems.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- A good understanding of Windows Server.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. (We will consider other qualifications, if supported by good experience in the field.)
- M.Sc. in a technology-related subject would be a distinct advantage.
You will be subject to background checking. McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Do Not Use