- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Min. 4-7 years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of web services development experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Go or Node.js
- Knowledge in LAMP stack, Python on Linux, will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Solid understanding of web frameworks such as Tornado, Flask etc.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Solid understanding of Caching Implementation e.g. MemCached.
- Experience working with a NOSQL system such as Cassandra or CouchBase is desirable.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is desirable.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git, Mercurial or SVN. We use Git/Geritt based systems.
• Write reusable and efficient code using Python leveraging a framework such as Tornado/Flask.
• Develop RESTful services that will be consumed across Mobile devices and gateway platforms.
• Implement back-end architecture that can scale to handle large number of concurrent users.
• Design efficient caching systems and algorithms using a known method e.g. “MemCached”.
• Scale the platform on AWS services or home-grown infrastructure.
• Be an active participant in an Agile Scrum environment helping to build the web-services platform for the home gateway product.