Head of Public Policy, EMEA
McAfee is one of the world’s leading independent cybersecurity companies. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make the world a safer place. By building solutions that work with other companies' products, McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. By protecting consumers across all their devices, McAfee secures their digital lifestyle at home and away. By working with other security players, McAfee is leading the effort to unite against cybercriminals for the benefit of all.
In the spirit of Together Is Power, McAfee is dedicated to creating win-win relationships and outcomes with policymakers because collaboration is the vital ingredient needed to defeat the community of malicious adversaries to make the digital economy safe for our key stakeholders. McAfee’s public policy team works with senior management to define and execute a coordinated, global public policy agenda that builds trust and confidence in our strategy and solutions to enable the long-term success of our customers, investors, and employees
Job Description Summary:
The Head of EMEA Head of Public Policy will be responsible for providing strategic public policy counsel and managing advocacy programs to support McAfee’s expanding business in EMEA. This person will work with EMEA institutions, as well as governments’ representations in Brussels and other major EMEA capitols, and with industry associations, academia to shape the policy environment, protect McAfee’s reputation and help McAfee grow its business. A change agent, this person will combine contagious enthusiasm, rigorous thinking and articulate communication to produce long term success.
Successful applicants will have senior level experience and become part of a team that is dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times including cyber security, privacy, and public sector procurement. Supporting the growth of our public-sector businesses by partnering with our business teams will be a key success factor.
This role will be based in Brussels or Amsterdam.
- Advise McAfee teams, particularly McAfee country managers and corporate stakeholders such as legal, sales, and marketing on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Develop and execute a strategic approach to achieve company goals in public policy as they relate to the EU
- Develop public policy positions with other team members and drive innovative programs for outreach to policy makers
- Draft and contribute to public policy and thought leadership papers and other relevant content for distribution and publication
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters affecting McAfee and advise company with respect to policy challenges
- Represent McAfee at a senior level in meetings with government officials and elected members
- Build coalitions with other organizations to advance policy goals
- Communicate McAfee positions in public presentations and with media
- Extensive relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge of EU regulatory and legislative processes, national level experience a further advantage
- Strong background in cyber security, privacy, standards, and public sector procurement
- Proven experience working on relevant policy issues candidates with both government/politics and industry experience strongly preferred
- Fluent English - additional languages is a distinct advantage (Dutch, French and German)
- Solid experience with working with politicians and government officials including those at the most senior levels
- An ability to build and manage cross-functional teams from a wide range of disciplines
- Proven ability to be a creative, adaptive strategist
- Proven ability as an effective listener, communicator, and conciliator
- Proven ability to collaborate within a matrix organization especially, with sales, compliance and marketing functions
- A degree or advanced degree in a related field; law degree or MBA preferred, but not required.
Reporting Relationships and Compensation:
This position reports to the Chief Public Policy Officer and is matrixed to the VP and Head of EMEA. Salary will be dependent on qualifications.