Operating Expense Accounting Lead
This position plays a critical role as part of an elite team building scalable, best-in-class core accounting and reporting routines, while doing so in an international environment and with a highly-recognized household, name brand company. Having recently separated from Intel, McAfee is standing up an entirely new accounting team.
The primary focus for this position on day one will be to provide leadership and oversight of operating expense accruals and accounts payable processes for a rapidly growing organization, generating approximately $2.5 billion of revenue globally. This role will evolve over time, leveraging our international shared services function as much as possible, as well as coordinating related efforts across other domestic and international constituents. We are seeking an innovative problem-solver with a strong mind for efficiency, technology, and controls. Working for a fast-moving, private equity-owned company, the successful candidate should be prepared to grow, learn, evolve quickly, and to conquer new challenges daily.
This role is based in Plano, Texas
Job Duties include:
- Provide leadership and oversight of operating expense accruals and accounts payable processes, while leveraging our international shared service center in Bangalore India.
- Partners with our Finance organization to gain insight into business activities and trends.
- Designs the future through leadership to identify areas of improvement in policies, procedures and operating methods.
- Drives to implement solutions that address specific issues or provide improved efficiencies.
- Maintains reporting deadlines while working with the external Big 4 auditors.
- Supports IPO readiness.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
* CPA preferred.
* 3 + years of Big 4 or 2nd Tier public audit, or Corporate Accounting experience.
* Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to work autonomously with little oversight.
* Excellent Excel experience including Vlookups and Pivot Tables.
* ERP experience preference towards SAP and Hyperion.
* Ability to prioritize task and meet strict reporting deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain internal / external relationships.
* Requires occasional international travel.
Do Not Use