Professional Services Cyber Security Consultant
"Together is Power"
McAfee is one of the hottest companies in the exciting, growing and important cyber-security industry. At the heart of our high growth is the Professional Services team.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who will be responsible for consulting project activities from client identification through to final invoicing. The role:
- System architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment
- Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring
- Some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing
- Developing and delivering detailed IT solutions through consulting project activities
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
Specific Responsibilities/Functions include:
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work leadership provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
- Will be required to interface with company and client managers with financial responsibilities including the creation of expense reports.
- Participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities
- Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
- Performance is typically evaluated based on utilization, (i.e., billable hours)
- Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
- Manage and perform client work related to McAfee product service’s offerings
- Create end of engagement reports describing engagement findings and analysis work
- Help develop and maintain intellectual capital within Professional Services revolving around the McAfee product line
- Help identify and implement improvements in existing processes and procedures
- Maintain technical proficiency through self-training or formal training
- Help identify and develop new clients and Professional Services engagements through conference calls and creation of statement of works
- Provide knowledge sharing throughout the team
- Mentor consultant peers in new techniques, tools and other job skills
- Teach training courses
- Possible helping update and/or create training course material
- Utilization 65% required; 50% travel expected
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience consulting, configuring and troubleshooting network security solutions with Network IPS (NIPS) and ATP deployment experience
- Experience delivering service offerings with Enterprise Threat Defence and Endpoint product suites
- Experience working in Service Provider Environments
- Consulting experience to external customers including:
- Large Enterprise scale implementation planning and execution
- System architecture definition
- Complex security product integration
- Hardware/software specification and design
- Testing and solution deployment
- Client training
- Problem identification
- Implementation of cyber security solutions
- Highly articulate and clear speaking and writing skills
- Requires a BS degree or equivalent
- CCNP-Security certified
- Network expertese including: TCP/IP/OS
- Fluent German & English
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice InclusiveCandor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Do Not Use