Who are we?
The McAfee Localization Engineering team in Cork, Ireland is part of the localization team in cork which is responsible for internationalizing, translating and running the quality of all non-English software in McAfee. We play a key role in the process, handling translatable files, the translation process as well as working with the QA teams to fix bugs and ensure non-English software releases are of the highest standard.
We work across a wide spectrum of product types from mobile, through home/consumer to enterprise scale applications and web sites.
McAfee is committed to Scrum and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery therefore, you should be passionate about software engineering best practices and driven to embrace leading-edge engineering tools and techniques.
Are you passionate about solving complex engineering problems that have very high visibility within the organization?
If yes, we would be passionate about having you in our team and look forward to hearing from you.
Are you passionate about the customer’s experience using software? Would you like to help improve this experience, especially for non-English users?
Have you experience in software internationalization and the problems poor internationalization can have on software?
Are you able to make your case and work with different teams within the software development lifecycle that may be geographically dispersed to get the best outcomes for the international customer?
Do you want to improve the tools and processes used to make it as easy and efficient as possible to meet project goals?
- You should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering and/or Electronic Engineering or equivalent degree.
- It would be an advantage to have a Masters in a related discipline.
Required skill set
- Technical ability to diagnose and fix issues
- Knowledge of internationalization and common internationalization issues
- Project management skills
- Adaptive to a dynamic environment and works creatively with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills in handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines
- You will work in both a team environment as well as a sole contributor
- Familiarity with Agile, or experience working in an Agile environment
- Fluency in written and verbal English communication
It would be an advantage to have:
- Knowledge of source control repositories such as Git, SVN, TFS or Accurev
- Knowledge of tools like Jenkins, Team City, etc.,
- Knowledge of automation testing tools: JUnit, Selenium, Jasmine, TestNG, JMeter, etc.
- Worked with external vendors as part of your team
You will be subject to background checking. McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Do Not Use