Job Title: SDET, Software Development Engineer, in Test
Reporting to: Software QA Manager
Location: Cork, Ireland
Description: The McAfee Globalization team is responsible for ensuring the McAfee product portfolio has been designed and developed for global markets to a world class standard of quality. We are a high velocity, agile, efficient, continuous improvement team. Our QA team is looking for someone with object oriented coding experience which can be applied to develop QA solutions for our cross device portfolio.
You will be given the opportunity to work on groundbreaking technology and will be expected to bring your own innovation to the table. The QA team provide support to McAfee products across mobile, desktop and browser based applications and You would have opportunities to develop automation for a variety of platforms. This automation coupled with our QA practices are important components in our product lifecycle enabling us to continue to deliver more products faster without compromising quality to our global customer base.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position
- Develop and maintain features for the existing automation framework
- Build automation for the McAfee product portfolio
- Perform code reviews and debug complex issues
- Apply QA practices across multi-platform projects in an Agile team environment
- Work with global teams and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Develop tools for the Globalization team
- Actively contribute to the automation strategy in a continuous improvement cycle
- Be Quality focused
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in Object Oriented programming
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Web Development experience
- Good knowledge of coding patterns and coding standard methodologies
- Experience in automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver or RC; Appium;
- Validated skill using code repositories
- Continuous Integration concepts and standard methodologies
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Test case management experience
- Defect tracking
- Excellent analytical skills for RCA
- Experience with SDLC
McAfee LLC, empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers dedicated and validated security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its visionary Security Connected strategy, new way to hardware-enhanced security, and rare Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is passionate about keeping its customers safe.
We are focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the significant, interesting work that is waiting for you!
You will be subject to background checking. McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Do Not Use