Basic Function and Scope of the Position
- You will be part of a global team that is responsible for McAfee Cloud Services that enable protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis.
- You will be responsible for supporting Cloud service measurement, monitoring, and reporting
- Improving overall operational quality through common practices and by working with engineering, QA, IaaS, and product DevOps teams
- You will be responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of Intel Security Production environments
- You will be responsible for continuous measurement and high availability of the Production environments
- You will provide technical support for day to day operations of critical Cloud Services as part of an operational support rotation. This will require participation on our On-Call rotation
If you are passionate about running and continuously improving world-class Cloud Platform Services, we are offering you a rare and phenomenal chance to define your career with us and gain experience working with high-performance Cloud systems
- Specific Responsibilities/Functions
- You will work closely with global Engineering Teams and Operations colleagues to ensure service health
- Design, implement, document and constantly improve tools, monitoring and automation to deploy and promote code across the different tiers of the software lifecycle
- You will be part of a global operations team including event response and recovery efforts
- Evaluate process effectiveness by tracking and reporting important metric metrics
- You will act as a key collaborate with other internal teams and McAfee IT
- Collaborate with partners to identify constraints and solve problems rigorously
- Collaborate with QA to ensure high quality of released software evangelize, promote and aid the transition to DevOps as a standard methodology to existing Engineering & Operations teams
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Confirmed ability to work independently; deploying, testing and troubleshooting systems
- Experience supporting high availability systems and scalable architectures
- An experienced, versatile and creative engineer with system administrator level experience of Linux and Windows
- Experience working with and supporting production-level services within public cloud environments
- Strong production support background and experience of in-depth troubleshooting
- Experience using Monitoring & Alerting tools
- Basic Networking knowledge (Switches, VLANs, Firewalls, MPLS and Security) to assist Network team in troubleshooting
- Significant experience of developing and managing relationships with a wide range of customers at all levels
- Incident and Problem Management theories and practical experience
- Awareness of ITIL standard methodologies
- An Agile environment through Scrum, or Kanban
- Scripted provisioning using AWS CloudFormation
- Big Data technologies E.g. HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB
- Familiarity with Containerization and associated management tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud Computing experience / AWS
- Automation/CI/CD experience : Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with shell/scripting languages
To passionately protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Perfection with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Overview of the Team
With a global research footprint, McAfee provides the most comprehensive Global Threat Intelligence in the industry. Backed by a portfolio of more than 400 patents and a network of millions of sensors spanning the Internet, McAfee delivers unparalleled protection against both known and emerging security threats via a complete suite of products and solutions.
The Core Cloud Services Engineering Operations team are responsible for design, implementation and end to end operations of the Cloud Services that protect both McAfee’s Consumer and Enterprise Customers. The services provide continuous protection to our customers with a very strong focus on quality and an extendable services platform to internal partners & product teams.