This senior level role will be part of the Architecture & Governance team in Information Security organization and will contribute towards the vision of Information Security organization. This role will provide for securing enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.
Some of key job responsibilities to include:
- Assist in the development of a strategic security architecture vision, including standards and frameworks that are aligned with overall business strategy using the current technology roadmap and will lead towards risk mitigation and organizational security maturity.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates, etc.
- Enhance security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; responding to technical and procedural questions from other team members; advancing/ guiding process improvements; mentoring team members within the organization and outside in a highly matrixed organization.
- Plan and implement security by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for various technologies and practices.
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the organization/ function.
- Ability to leverage new technologies for inclusion into the strategy
- Foster and grow a culture focused on proactive risk management, both within the Architecture and Governance as well as across the broader enterprise functions
- Liaise between the information security team and across organizations and business functions to meet the enterprise’s security objectives and function in a SME/ advisory role across the enterprise
- Understand current as well as emerging security threats and design security architecture to mitigate threats where possible
- Meet with project teams and other system architects to develop system designs and project plans that include the appropriate security controls and meet security standards
- Develop relevant metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the program, facilitate appropriate resource allocation and increase the maturity of the security program.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or related field
- 10+ years of combined experience in security architecture role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to express and drive the resolution of technical problems effectively
- CISSP, CCIE, CCDE or other network or risk related certification highly desirable
- Knowledge of various security standards and best practices such as, NIST, ISO, PCI and other regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical skills in dealing with issues that are not readily defined or that conflict with available information.
- Good understanding of business process controls.
- Attention to detail and ability to implement.
- Excellent problem-solving, planning, time management, and follow through skills.
- Independent/self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to document processes, roles, key decisions, and other work session outputs.
- Ability to schedule and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to set goals and exceed them
- Ability to act autonomously for the most part, with little support from anyone.
Do Not Use
California, Santa Clara;