The purpose of this role is to provide subject matter expert in information security and governance with McAfee clients. Integral to this role is the ability to represent McAfee as a trusted advisor on information security.
The role requires the ability to design solution architecture and evangelize both the solution and the underlying information security principles. Program and project management of the implementation of solutions and technologies is an important part of this role. The third part of this role is problem management, remediation and root cause analysis to enable process and technology improvement.
- Analyze and document client requirements and solution design for how McAfee solutions can meet these requirements now and in the future
- Maintain a good knowledge of other information security vendor's products and the competitive relationship to McAfee's products
- Requirements analysis and solution architecture for integrated network, data and personal computer solutions.
- Maintain and expand client contact at high levels and build credible relationships with key client personnel.
- Program and project management of schedules, budgets and personnel to ensure that projects are completed with a high level of technical expertise and professionalism.
- Identification and development of professional services opportunities for McAfee and business partners.
- To provide professional services as a subject matter expert in information governance and data protection for McAfee customers and business partners.
- To provide subject matter expertise on information governance and data protection within McAfee and provide assistance to other McAfee personnel.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- +3 years of proven technical support experience
- Knowledgeable in Windows and Linux operating systems and Active Directory.
- Knowledgeable in network communication protocols
- Knowledgeable of OSI/TCP-IP models
- Certifications in operating systems, networks or security would be preferred.
- Must be able to travel and work extensive hours
- University degree in System Engineering/Networks/ Programming. Must have competed degree.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to write complete reports
- An appreciation and knowledge of security technologies
- Ability to translate technical information into commercial terms for non technical contacts
- Strong public presentation skills and a high standard of documentation.
- Understanding of Security products and where they fit within an organization to meet the client business requirements
- Understands market issues and trends affecting business and use of IT within various sectors
- Program and project management of geographically distributed projects.
- Must be fluent in English (required)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.