Senior Compensation Analyst
Responsibilities may include: Competitive analysis, costing and funding of plans, market analysis and recommendations, job family descriptions, job audits and analysis, job classification analysis and recommendations, establishing policies and guidelines, auditing practices against guidelines, stock and dollar budgeting, strategic scanning of the external environment, external reporting, and vendor management. Individuals act as internal experts, consultants, analysts, and program managers and represent the corporation to external groups, agencies, and vendors. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
- Collaborates in the annual compensation design review process, including Focal Review, market range competitive assessment, survey submission, performance management and other routine HR programs as needed.
- Collaborates in the planning and design of the annual bonus programs and any ancillary motivation programs (e.g., awards, contests, etc.) to drive performance aligned with the goals of McAfee. Executes special projects as assigned.
- Recommends system, process and program improvements to facilitate the efficient operation and effective reporting of variable compensation programs and ancillary motivation programs.
- Counsels and educates employees and managers on compensation program mechanics, design and philosophy, policy and guidelines interpretation.
- Executes and adheres to the governance model for compensation programs.
- Partners with Business Operations and Finance team to forecast plan expense and drive performance of the compensation plans through prudent plan design, ongoing review and evaluation.
- Compiles and prepares data and executive presentations for senior management.
- Keeps up on best practices for compensation and motivation. Recommends plan and program revisions and new plans that are cost effective and consistent with business objectives.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the area of compensation and other areas of motivation. Advises others in their effective use, implementation and execution.
Experience and Skills
• 3-5 years relevant professional experience working with compensation, business operations and or finance functions ideally in a business-to-business organization.
• Experienced in with Workday, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Global experience is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
• Solid knowledge and experience with best practices for compensation programs. Solid understanding of trends in compensation mechanisms.
• Firm understanding of compensation/motivation processes, systems, and metrics.
• Ability and track record of consistently designing, launching, executing, and measuring the success of the effective compensation programs that can be operated efficiently.
• Ability to enable, train, and coach others on enablement mechanisms.
• Ability to quickly define and execute standardized processes and enable others to do so as well. Track record of ensuring process compliance and driving improvements to standardized processes.
• Experience with compensation design for a global environment.
• Advanced organizational and project management abilities. Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, including summarizing information for executive consumption.
• Outstanding analytical skills.
• Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
• Advanced ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment, including virtual teams. Strong ability to influence, educate, and enable others.
• Ability to forge solid internal and external customer relationships.
• Ability to influence others without formal authority.
• Self-directed with a start-up mentality. Resourceful, innovative, and adaptable. Ability to foster innovation and creativity.
• Proven ability to succeed in a rapidly evolving environment, and skilled in change
California, Santa Clara;