About this Role
As part of the ongoing growth of McAfee, the McAfee Presales organisation is on an upward growth trajectory – helping to transform and mature the Software Security Market. The opportunity that is before us will need the best Security Professionals – and that is exactly who we are looking for - the right individuals to help lead this growth, be a part of the transformation and to ensure our customer experience is outstanding.
- This is a Sales Engineering Manager Role responsible for partnering with RD’s to develop and grow business opportunities with customers and our partners. This will involve working with marketing, developing user groups, and driving sales campaigns to drive thought leadership and brand awareness. This individual will also be required to lead RFIs/RFPs, define, contribute and influence the strategy and approach for our key deals, selling portfolio, building and partner customer relationships, presenting on the core propositions and act as the escalation point for sales, customers and the presales team.
- This individual will also have direct responsibility to attract the best, manage, hire, retain, develop, mentor and appraise staff.
- You will be required to work with your direct line manager to build your own development plan aligned to your career aspirations within the company. You will be coached on leadership skills and, given the opportunity to drive strategic customer, partner and marketing initiatives to grow the business, improve presales productivity and create an environment for the SE team to be successful.
- As the selected candidate you will also have an opportunity bring new ideas to the team, contribute to the SE strategy, raise your industry and the customer profile, drive innovation and continue to grow your technical security skills.
Technical Sales Leadership
- Work in partnership with your Regional Sales Directors and the divisional management team to support the go to market initiatives of the aligned sales region
- Create and/or lead Presales business development initiatives that help accelerate and support the go to market of the key initiatives aligned to the region
- Work with the Regional Sales Director as a peer and field Sales teams on must win deals
- Be able to deliver the corporate pitch to customers and partners, and act as a coach for internal Presales and Sales within Region
- Deliver customer presentations, positioning McAfee portfolio and propose solutions to clients and prospects that align to a solution that is for purpose and leads to the right business outcome for the customer
- Proactively investigate, collect and sharing feedback with the business on win/loss from customers/partners/prospects, and to fine tune McAfee propositions in region
- Act as an evangelist/trusted security advisor for Sales, Customers and Partners whilst focusing on business development opportunities
- Meet the top 10 customers/partners aligned to the Sales opportunities in quarter
- Act as a the point of technical escalation for your region(s) for Sales, Customers & Partners
- Responsible for attracting, development, retaining and performance management
- Responsible for building a pipeline of candidates and the hiring of top talent that are best fit for the needs of the business
- Supporting both the immediate development needs and the career development aspirations of the individuals within the team to the expected level of performance
- Hold regular 1-1 performance reviews, expense reviews and sign off, employee disciplinary. It is expected to hold 1-1s at least once a quarter where there is an opportunity to discuss the individual performance status, discuss team morale, individual engagement, seek feedback and provide constructive feedback
- Identify successor, provide coaching and exposure to management activities in region.
- To leverage the company tools and resources available to conduct annual performance reviews, performance management activities and to celebrate individual and team performance
- Retain an up to date quarterly report on the core capabilities of the team, individual potential and readiness of the team to support the go to market solutions and initiatives
- Ensure that the individuals in team are aware and adhere to the corporate guidelines
Productivity and Effectiveness
- Knowledge and use of the Global SE Operations best practices tools, new hire on boarding program, training and resources available for Presales
- Lead by example, leveraging best practice tools and resources to ensure the employees are effective and productive in their day to day activities
- Sharing best practices across region on technical wins and team initiatives that have shown a positive Sales, Customer, Partner or team outcome.
- Responsible for reporting the teams activity and accuracy of the presales team information within SFDC
- Show over time what initiatives have you personally driven to improve SE productivity
- Build out internal relationships across core regional functions of the business including Sales, Marketing, Channel, Support, Services etc.
- Build out key relations with Enterprise Technology Specialists, Theatre SE Ops leads, Tech Directors and Product Management.
- Working with peers outside of Sales to support key events including customer/partner initiatives.
- Lead by example, demonstrate a professional etiquette, respect and communication style that is aligned to the values of the company
- Adhere to the corporate policies and compliance
- Foster a healthy team working environment within region
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or equivalent in subjects similar to Information Technology, Security, Cloud Computing, Management
- 3-5 + years Presales Manager experience
- Presales experience with large customer enterprise environments
- Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills (verbal and written) for both internal & external use
- Ideal candidate should have strong security background with proven success stories
- Strong personal presence, capable of engaging senior management both internally and externally
- Good blend of business/commercial, sales and technical skills
- Experience of working with external 3rd parties and Channel Partners
- Understands the market issues and trends affecting the IT Security business and McAfee’s differentiators versus the competition
- Results-driven with strong goal-orientation
- Comfortable/Competent with both sales and delivery activities
- Self-starter who is pro-active, creative, with lots of initiative and a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Willing to work and travel flexible hours to suit customer requirements
- Fluent in English, any other additional languages will be a plus
Do Not Use