McAfee is one of the world’s leading independent cybersecurity companies. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make the world a safer place.
McAfee is seeking a talented and dynamic attorney to join our first-class legal team. Reporting to the VP and Deputy General Counsel, this is a full time position located in either Plano, TX or Santa Clara, CA, with responsibility for handling and managing litigation and government enforcement matters across the US and supporting the global legal team in collaboration with regional team members.
- Manage and/or support handling of diverse portfolio of litigation matters as well as matters in arbitration and mediation.
- Under the direction of Company leadership, handle responses to federal, state and local government inquiries, audits and enforcement matters.
- Advise on and/or handle full range of pre-litigation business disputes.
- Oversee litigation support activities such as e-discovery, data collection and processing.
- Work with McAfee’s ethics and compliance team and other stakeholders (HR, internal audit, business leaders) on internal investigations.
- Advise legal department colleagues and other stakeholders on risk mitigation in contracting, delivery of HR services, product positioning and corporate communications.
- Manage relationships with outside counsel and legal service providers, enforcing budget discipline and innovating to achieve cost and operational efficiencies.
- Travel throughout the US and internationally as needed.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one relevant state bar
- 7-10+ years of experience as litigation counsel on a wide range of matters, including government enforcement matters and corporate internal investigations
- Expertise in complex, high-stakes litigation – e.g., in the areas of intellectual property and trade secrets, data privacy and security, cross-border issues, and government enforcement/white collar defense
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills oriented to business as well as legal audiences
- Experience coordinating and driving to completion large-scale projects
- California or Texas Bar Membership
- Some in-house legal department experience
- Experience with international dispute resolution
- Experience with legal operations as they relate to litigation management
McAfee is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Do Not Use
California, Santa Clara;