Title: Group Product Manager, Core Consumer Platform and Subscription Management
Location(s): Bangalore, India.
ROLE: Group Product Manager, Core Consumer Platform and Subscription Management
At McAfee, we live for the challenge of protecting and liberating our customers by staying ahead of security based threats in our relentless search for safe. And in a world where computing and connected devices are everywhere, delivering on this mission has become imperative. There has never been a better time to be part of McAfee and our family of McAfee products. We are working on new and exciting products & services that are built on cutting edge technologies. Our goal is to innovate and execute these products as well as be data driven in our pursuit to assess product opportunities and constantly evolve our offerings as deliver on protecting users’ entire digital lives.
The McAfee product management team is looking for a Group Product Manager for Core Consumer Platform, specifically leading Subscription Management. This individual will also be responsible for and passionate for resolving subscription management problems with the goal to increase conversion, maximize retention and positively impact on NPS. This individual will also be responsible for evolving the subscription management platform so that it’s easy for dependent products to launch new business models to sell the existing products in different ways. Reporting to the Director of Product Management at McAfee, this individual will drive significant business impact by synthesizing the business needs and creating requirements. This position will allow a technical, execution-orientated, and passionate individual to have significant input to our future product portfolio through traditional product management responsibilities. This individual will work with customers and many internal functional areas including other McAfee BU’s, broader product management, engineering, marketing, strategy, and finance in effort to synthesize inputs into a set of strategies, product/feature proposals, requirements, roadmaps, and business plans. This position will require extensive market evaluation and collaboration with broader McAfee as we aim to extend McAfee’s leadership position in security across all evolving major digital platforms.
This position will be based out of Bangalore, India.
- Own McAfee Consumer Business Unit’s Core Consumer Platform and Subscription Management.
- Evolve the platform to bring it at par with the key business needs.
- Responsible for modernizing the Subscription Management component of the platform, so that it can support key product monetization strategies.
- Evolve subscription management and define clear requirements to allow for new ways for cross-device products to monetize.
- Lead product development lifecycle from ideation through launch including end-to-end customer experience.
- Drive competitive analysis in partnership with Product Marketing; lead the team in anticipating competitive moves, and responding to any competitive development in the marketplace as it relates to how consumers are willing to pay for security products.
- Conduct surveys with user groups to identify consumer behavior and propensity to pay. Utilize insights that meet consumer needs and opportunities; define requirements, effectively utilize metrics to demonstrate problems and indicate success parameters.
- Coordinate the collection, description, analysis, and prioritization of requests for new product functionality from internal McAfee, broader McAfee teams, and external partners and customers.
- Own product roadmaps and business plans in association consumer platform and subscription management.
- Develop Epics, Themes, and User Stories in support of key capabilities in line with Agile processes.
- Function as the Product Owner in our agile development environment to communicate needs, guide releases, collaborate with the product team, and drive decisions
- Present product and solution proposals to the executive leadership team in effort to gain support for productization.
- BA/BSE, CS, or other technical degree; MBA preferred
- 10+ years professional experience in product management, technical marketing, or engineering required within marketing automation tools and subscription management space. Platform as a service experience is desirable.
- Experience in managing product backbone platforms is required.
- Software subscription management, licensing and provisioning experience a required.
- Functional knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus: subscription processing, customer invoicing, revenue recognition, revenue reporting.
- An out of box thinker that is execution minded. Candidate must be able to draw conclusions to ambiguous and complex requirements or product proposals and create an executable plan.
- Experience with analytics – analyzing raw data as well as with tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics highly desirable.
- Experience in product definition and requirements generation.
- Experience in global customer/sales interaction and support.
- Exceptional analytical skills and conceptual thinking ability. Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in software development lifecycle processes and methodologies including agile required.
- Demonstrated acumen and success in interacting with and influencing management, customers, and partners.
- Ability to understand multiple view points and boil information into impartial analysis to solve problems and make clear decisions
- Must have strong relationship building, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with ever changing/expanding responsibilities.
- 10-20% travel
Do not use