Sr. Security Researcher Job
Date: May 20, 2013
Location: Beaverton, OR, 97006, US
Location: Beaverton, OR
About the Role:
Do complex threats like Stuxnet, TDL, ZeroAccess make you excited to learn everything about their behaviour, and analyze them in details? Do you find Rootkits challenging and interesting at the same time? We are looking for a passionate, and experienced malware researchers, who would be responsible to research malware threats, analyze them for new features, create detection and removal coverage for them, including removal tools as needed.
- Researching and analyzing a wide array of different malware and file formats.
- Adding detection and repair as necessary for integration into the McAfee antivirus product line
- Authoring descriptions for inclusion into the McAfee Virus Information Library website.
- Performing peer reviews of code for release into production.
- Self-motivated with the ability to stretch in times of crisis around virus outbreaks.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Working experience in C/C++ skills is required.
- Experience with IDA or equivalent disassembly tools Experience in malicious code analysis and reverse engineering (RE)
- Knowledge of various files formats (eg. PE, ELF) and operating systems (eg. Win32, Linux, MacOS)
- Knowledge of networking and internet protocols (eg. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, FTP)
- Experience with OllyDbg or WinDbg or equivalent system-level debuggers is a must.
- Core knowledge of operating systems, especially, Windows platforms in both user and kernel mode is a must. Kernel mode driver development experience is a plus
- Has at least 3 years experience of malware analysis, strong knowledge of malware (rootkit knowledge a plus)
- The ideal candidate also has strong interest for researching new protection technology, and has a solid understanding on computer security.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or scientific discipline)
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity! Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Product Development Research
Primary Location: NA-USA-OR-Beaverton
Position Number: 1312111RO
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segments: Security, Research, Developer, Engineer, Product Development, Technology, Engineering