Application Support Engineer Job
Date: Apr 27, 2013
Location: Plano, TX, US
Location: Plano, TX
About the Role:
Member of the IT Global Operations Center (GOC) team responsible for ensuring committed business services availability and performance through effective monitoring, event management, incident management, and performance management. Provides support services to various teams throughout McAfee within and outside of IT operations.
- Monitor, maintain and remediate business services, enterprise applications
- Event management – Interpret alerts received via monitoring tools, troubleshoot and take necessary remedial actions
- Incident Management – Resolve incidents; escalate to other IT teams and vendors. Co-ordinate incidents to resolution
- Manage the day to day configuration of Move, Add, Change, Delete of infrastructure and applications monitoring changes to keep up with the onboarding of legacy and new infrastructure and applications into GOC and monitoring tools and services
- Problem Management – Identify problems proactively and provide inputs to Problem Management for problem resolution
- Batch Operations – Monitoring batch jobs like backup, restore, data load etc.
- Reporting – Generate various technical and management reports using reporting capabilities of monitoring tools
- Continuous interaction with IT Service desk and technical Management teams during major incidents
- Lead the team by being self-driven to drive improvement throughout the GOC operational processes
- Develop and integrate desktop instructions with the service desk that the entire GOC team will follow
- Relationship management – be considered a business partner both individually and GOC to all groups that interact with the GOC
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- HP enterprise monitoring tool experience in HP SiteScope, HP Operations Manager, HP Business Service Manager, HP OMI, HP Operations Orchestrator, HP NNMI, HP Network Automation, RUM, HP BPM. HP preferred - equivalent suites are acceptable
- Experience in Scripting in UNIX and Windows to drive automation in conjunction with HP Operational Orchestrator
- Engineering Graduate with 6 to 8 years of experience in Operations Center/ Network Operations Center environment
- Hands-on experience in supporting at least one multi-tier Enterprise Applications – Siebel, SAP, Oracle CRM, Oracle Business intelligence in Linux and MS Windows environments
- Strong knowledge of each tier of applications – Application, Middleware, Database
- Strong troubleshooting skills of multi-tier applications
- Experience in supporting multi-tier e-commerce Web applications
- Experience in working with GUI interface with F5 load balancers
- Experience crossing boundaries in application development, support, and all aspects of infrastructure to improve operations and MTTR of incidents
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes, especially event management, incident management. ITIL v3 Foundation certification would be plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working in 24/7 support environment
- Ability to multi-task, tasks prioritization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: IT Operations
Primary Location: NA-USA-TX-Plano
Position Number: 882913
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segments: Technical Support, Application Engineering, Developer, ERP, Database, Technology, Engineering