Corporate Counsel, Contracts Management Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Plano, TX, US
Location: Plano, TX
About the Role:
Responsible for designing and drafting templates for McAfee’s many business relationships with third parties that may be used by attorneys and negotiators in McAfee’s five geographic regions (North America; Europe, Middle East and Africa; Japan; Asia-Pacific, excluding Japan; and Latin America) and facilitate the ease of translations, where necessary.
- Work with legal, sales, support, product management, tax, revenue recognition, order operations and deal desk in designing, drafting and obtaining the corresponding approvals for the templates.
- Design templates to ensure compliance to company policy, consistency across McAfee’s geographic regions, government specifications and other requirements.
- Drive adoption of templates across McAfee’s geographic regions.
Create and maintain a templates database that includes newly developed templates and legacy templates.
- Develop playbooks and policies that can be used to aid attorneys and negotiators in the use of the templates.
- Drives process improvement across cross-functional teams.
Required Experience/ Skills & Education:
- 7+ years of experience in contract drafting and contract negotiations within the software industry
- Intimate understanding of enterprise software licensing issues and revenue recognition; understanding of channel distribution models a plus.
Contracts/templates project management.
- Bachelor’s degree, JD preferred.
Must have a passion for process improvement and a history of being change agent.
- Successful team people development and management experience.
- Must have in-house experience.
- Must have software industry experience, exposure to the consumer business a plus
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Primary Location: NA-USA-TX-Plano
Position Number: 881631
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segments: Manager, Purchasing, Developer, Drafting, Contract Manager, Management, Finance, Technology, Engineering, Legal