Sr. Manager Professional Services Job
Date: May 21, 2013
Location: Reston, VA, US
Location: Reston, VA
About the Role:
The Solution Services Program Manager is expected to leverage their extensive technical and project management abilities to manage and provide innovative, effective and efficient installation, configuration and consulting solutions for McAfee customers. The Program Managers will lead a team of experienced consultants and provide support and project management on each project within their region. Program Managers will be responsible for maintaining the project schedule, consultant utilization, SOW review and validation, customer satisfaction, and overall delivery process around McAfee's products. This position will be in support of a major DoD program and will be located in the Washington D.C. Metro area.
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to analyze complex customer business and technical requirements and develop enterprise-scale solutions leveraging the software products or service offerings.
- Ability to analyze complex issues for impact and alternative solutions, making logical decisions based on overall product objectives.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently. High level of self-initiative and self-motivation.
- Project Delivery
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering enterprise security solutions, from design and planning to deployment.
- Prior demonstrable success in delivering superior quality work on time and within budget.
- Ability to provide Project Management / Client Communication support, including requirements review, pre-engagement planning, project planning, and risk assessment.
- Understand client requirements and design and provide architectural review based on customers business model.
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative state-of-the-art technical solutions.
- Ability to recognize project changes, identify risks and contingency plans, and work with customer Project Manager through change control process.
- Document technical status reports prepared for project personnel.
- Assist in Project tracking to ensure on time project progress.
- Manage the utilization, revenue and margin for each project.
- Customer Service/Communication
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction with regards to delivery.
- Able to build strong client relationships and be able to interact effectively at all levels of client organization.
- Ability to work with Partners, and 3rd party integrators.
- Continuous contribution of best practices documentation and technical notes for internal and external distribution.
- Services Sales Support
- Able to recognize and effectively communicate possibilities to sell additional consulting services as it relates to client's needs.
- Work with Services Sales and Regional Directors to estimate work and architect solutions.
- Contribute to engagement planning including pre-sales support for RFP's, RFI's, and client meetings
Required Experience/ Skills & Education:
- 8-12 years in a technical consulting management environment; combination of both consulting and corporate experience preferred.
- Practical experience regarding financial statements, project cost analysis and billing procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Writing samples will be reviewed.
- Able to work effectively independently as a team leader.
- Travel = 25-50%
- Working knowledge and experience with complex software application architectures, network and application protocols, and database reporting tools.
- Working knowledge and experience with a combination of these:
Network architectures and components such as routers, firewalls, IDS, IPS, vulnerability scanners, antivirus software, asset management systems, security assessment, penetration testing, Web application testing, security strategy, process, and/ or incident response.
- Preferable Big 4 Security, Technical Audit, or Professional Consulting experience
- BS/BA preferred: Computer Science, Math, or Electrical Engineering preferred, will consider other disciplines with relevant work experience.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA are preferred as well.
- Current Secret or Top Secret Clearance (DoD
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Professional Services
Primary Location: NA-USA-VA-Reston
Position Number: 874443
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Consulting, Engineer, Developer, Electrical, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Management