Software Networking Engineer Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Santa Clara, CA, US
Software Networking Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
About the Role:
Work within a dynamic and fast-paced intrusion protection R&D team within McAfee Labs to fight the cyber threat. McAfee Network IPS is the industry leader in the intrusion detection and protection area. The NSS Labs 2010 competitive group test concludes that McAfee NSP has the highest attack detection rate as well as the best throughput among all IPS vendors. Gartner 2010 IPS Magic Quadrant credits McAfee IPS as the industry leader in terms of both the ability to execute and visionaries.
· Layer seven protocol parsing and signature writing for network-based intrusion prevention appliance
· System implementation for new threat/vulnerability detection and prevention for the next generation intrusion prevention solution
· Threat analysis and response
· Reverse engineering of protocols and malware
· Enhance the infrastructure to facilitate vulnerability research and attack signature release process
· Build sigset for security content team
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
· Script language like Perl or Python
· Solid networking background, especially with TCP/IP protocol stack
· Experience with network security
· Understand the threat landscape in the security area such as botnet and web security
· Understanding of software exploitation and common vulnerabilities is a plus
· Experience with software development including all stages of the software lifecycle
· CS related graduate or 1 years+ work experience; a master degree is preferred but not required
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Software Development
Primary Location: NA-USA-CA-Santa Clara
Position Number: 861342
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: Developer, Network, Software Engineer, Engineer, Network Security, Technology, Engineering, Security