Enterprise Solutions Architect (IPS/Network) Job
Date: May 22, 2013
Location: Santa Clara, CA, US
Location: Santa Clara, CA
About the Role:
The Solutions Architect is responsible for being the thought leader on assigned product and product space. The Solutions Architect is solution focused and the product expert that fully understands the risks and opportunities of the product.
- Gather requirements, develop use cases, and fully understand the client's business needs and constraints.
- Identifying key technical risks and creating mitigation plans.
- Lead enablement efforts.
- Provide mentorship for other team members.
- Design POC plans in partnership with sales team.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical product issues.
- Continuously monitor technical product presentations for improvements and collect feedback on effectiveness through in-person meetings and conference calls/webexs with customers/partners/prospects.
- Work closely with Product Marketing on specific sales plays, campaigns and projects to support technical aspects of strategic marketing, market awareness, and lead generation.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Information Technology, similar field or equivalent.
- At least 10+ years’ experience within hardware and/or software industry.
- Experience and background in consulting services, technical support, pre-sales and R&D.
- Self-starter, customer-focused, and one that can work well with others within the marketing and engineering organizations as well as interdepartmentally, and can work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to technically use the product in a live environments and webex demonstrations.
- Understand IT security and network infrastructures and experience with information security technologies including anti-virus, firewalls, etc.
- Ability to refine complex problems down to clearly defined issues and recommendations as well as ability to draw objective conclusions that can be substantiated with well-reasoned arguments- particularly when supporting data is sparse.
- Skilled with MS Office applications, public speaking, and project management.
- This position will require travel on a frequent basis within the US and on occasion may involve international travel.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Primary Location: NA-USA-CA-Santa Clara
Position Number: 874809
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: Solution Architect, Architecture, Network, Engineer, Developer, Technology, Engineering