Senior Software Development Engineer Job
Date: May 11, 2013
Location: Santa Clara, CA, US
Location: Santa Clara, CA
About the Role:
This position reports to the Development Manager for the Business Platform Services team. Provides technical leadership and strategic direction to product teams. Applies extensive experience leveraging an in depth understanding of industry trends to influences overall product direction
- Participates in the process of setting future technical strategies and influences strategic direction for product and product family in reaction to business needs or industry trends.
- Influences technical direction of multiple product teams.
- Audits project status to ensure technical and process excellence.
- Acts as a key resource to McAfee Engineering and to other functional groups on matters pertaining to technical specialty.
- Mentoring members of the engineering team on matters pertaining to technical specialty
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Subject matter expert in one or more major product lines and relevant technologies and how those products relate to overall McAfee product suite and the product offerings of competitors.
- Possesses comprehensive understanding of competitor’s products and related technologies how those products and technologies compare to McAfee’s offerings.
- Design Ability - Oversees the design of the product. Bases design decisions on pre-defined Functional Specifications (FSD).
- Coding Skills - Proficient at writing code to solve a broad range of problems of varying complexity. Strong knowledge of McAfee coding practices and understands how these practices compare with other practices in the industry.
- May influence general coding direction within McAfee by applying alternate coding principles or concepts utilized elsewhere within the industry.
- Understands and resolves highly complex large scale or systems level problems.
- Able to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot such problems utilizing team resources to coordinate solutions.
- Receives general feedback from management, customers, or other external sources and translates that feedback into an overall technical direction.
- Aligns individual project roles with this direction to drive towards completion.
- Foresees future direction and aligns current activities in alignments with this direction. Takes responsibility for updating own skills and technical growth.
- Able to adapt and promote overall direction to reflect changes within the company or industry.
- Strong programming skills in Java: Spring,MVS,JDBC,EJB.
- Experience with no-sql technologies like Hadoop, Hbase, Map Reduce, Hive, and Thrift etc. Should have worked on products that are live with these technologies (not just worked on proof of concepts)
- Familiarity with database design with a working knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with Microsoft development technologies like .NET/C# is a plus.
- Familiarity with web services API standards, JASON, REST, is a plus.
- Ability to create well-modularized code and willing to follow group coding standards and design.
- Experience in working with agile-scrum principles.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field combined, master degree is preferred.
- Preferred: 7-8 Years of experience
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Software Development
Primary Location: NA-USA-CA-Santa Clara
Position Number: 880994
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Database, SQL, Technology, Engineering