Senior Visual Designer Job
Date: May 19, 2013
Location: Santa Clara, CA, US
Location: Santa Clara, CA
About the Role:
McAfee’s Consumer division is looking for a full time Senior Visual Designer to join the Consumer Experience Design team to design user interfaces and experiences that are useful, usable and desirable.
- Create visual concepts, required mockups, visual assets for development, prototypes, UI specifications and guideline documentation for McAfee products user interfaces
- Set visual design direction and UI standards based on current guidelines, user research, functional requirements, business goals, and company-wide strategic objectives
- Participate in rapid brainstorming, design exploration and presentation of future product concepts, present ideas and designs in tangible forms (e.g., sketches, graphic mockups, prototypes)
- Work closely with User Experience and Development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented accurately and integrate with existing frameworks.
- Participate in or conduct user and design research including: usability studies, user surveys, prototype testing, competitive product analysis, and latest industry & design trend research.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
Working knowledge in Adobe applications
5+ years designing UI concepts and UI components (buttons, Icons, splash screens, etc.) for Windows and/or MAC products as a member of a user experience and/or design team
Must possess a broad knowledge of visual design techniques, informational and visual design principles as well as advanced creative and visual design skills
Understanding of how UI Design relates to Interaction Design in building useful and compelling products
Be able to create rapid iterations of visual concepts, as well as the ability to design for dynamic content (understanding and knowledge of current technology opportunities and limitations a strong plus)
Proven experience developing innovative and creative solutions to complex problems
Ability to be self-managed while working on several projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment
Experience working on Mobile products a strong plus
Bachelors or Masters in Graphic Design/Interface Design
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Product Development
Primary Location: NA-USA-CA-Santa Clara
Position Number: 271212WGSOUR
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: Developer, Web Design, Product Development, Research, User Experience, Technology, Creative