Tier I - Technical Support Engineer Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Alpharetta, GA, US
Description:About the Role and Responsibilities
Location: Alpharetta, GA
About the Role:
Safe Never Sleeps…this is who we are. Are you ready to be part of a market leader that provides world class security products and solutions? Do you have a passion for creative problem solving? Do you like the thought of being a customer's hero? We do just that each and every day! You too, can be part of our community of talented employees who create the best experiences for our customers. We are looking for "rockstars", so bring your energy and enthusiasm and put your talents to work in a world class support organization.
McAfee is an Intel company. Innovation is unlimited…and so are career opportunities. Come see what we have for you!
- Provide proactive and reactive assistance to all external customers
- Provide overall escalation management and technical solutions when issues are reported to them, including but not limited to, review of open issues on a daily basis, updating our customers on the status of their escalated cases, and assisting in the reproduction of issues
- Ensure that all of the required files are gathered and available prior to escalating an issue to our Tier II team
- Establishing effective lines of communication with our Tier II team and management to ensure cases are flagged that require immediate attention
- Log all issues into Insight, updating activities to cases, and escalate cases
- Perform duties as assigned by management
- Provide proactive assistance to your specific product
- Trouble-shoot/qualify cases before escalating into Tier-II
- Record and document all issues related to customers both internal and external
- Conference call availability to resolve product issues
- Log all testing, troubleshooting and research done in process of resolution
- Responsible for Customer and Internal Updates
- Produce articles for submission into the current knowledgebase
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and professionalism
- Creation of product troubleshooting guides to assist support teams
- Provide effective and timely communication to support teams
- Document issues within the call tracking system
- Maintain a current level of knowledge on McAfee products and new vulnerabilities and/or threats
- Be available and accessible to fellow co-workers
- Maintain a friendly, open, approachable, positive attitude
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- This is an entry level position intended for a new college grad within the past three years.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems such as Unix and Linux
- Experience with networking, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, LDAP
- Basic level knowledge of databases (SQL) and LDAP services.
- Basic level knowledge of security and information gathering tools like nslookup, traceroute, ping, wireshark, tcpdump, netstat
- Basic experience with programming/scripting is desirable, but not required
- Basic experience with routers, switches, proxies, or firewalls is desirable
- Strong problem solving skills
- At least 1 year of experience in customer care/customer support
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
- Effective problem resolution
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels with customers (i.e. technical / management)
- Excellent at providing positive customer service
- Advanced writing and verbal skills
- Ability to support multiple products simultaneously
- Self-motivated (takes initiative)
- Preferred: Network or security related certifications
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Technical Support
Primary Location: NA-USA-GA-Alpharetta
Position Number: 874221
Req Focus Type
Special "White Glove"
Nearest Major Market: Alpharetta
Nearest Secondary Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Technical Support, Developer, Research, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering