Channel Technical Manager - EMEA DistributionPrimary Location Cork, Additional Locations Date posted 03/13/2019
Channel Technical Manager – EMEA Distribution
As a Channel Technical Manager (CTM), your role is a critical and integral part of the Technical Channel enablement for the distributors’ pre-sales organizations across our portfolio and key sales plays.
The CTM constantly improve distributors and their partners to evolve their McAfee knowledge to increase their value to customers and to grow our mutual business.
The CTM establishes and develops strong and lasting relationships with technical leaders in our Channel distributors to act as the point of escalation back into McAfee on product issues, channel programs and Channel Technical Accreditations..
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the role:
- Play a pro-active "Technical Account Management" role within your target Channel accounts including building a trusted relationship, contributing to business development activities
- Track the advancement of named technical Channel individuals to the path of technical Presales readiness and/or accreditation by developing, formalizing and overseeing a framework for partner enablement
- Build out, contribute and maintain materials aligned to the core Channel accreditation programs
- An instructor for the Presales Channel Enablement sessions (workshops, training, community events, …)
- Keep abreast of the solution Channel sales activities
- Presenter at Channel events on security trends, propositions, solutions and products.
- Lead partner round tables, on industry security and how McAfee propositions are best placed to solve the emerging threats and deliver business outcomes.
- Provide Technical expertise across multiple products and solution demonstrations
- Keep abreast of security trends and industry analysts reports
- Participate in Channel sales planning, strategy and initiatives that create pipeline, up sell the account and drive competitive displacements.
- Be a team player, sharing best practices with your peers, aligned account managers and provide feedback to product management and supporting the go to market initiatives of the company
- Support Channel Partner beta activities and early adopter programs
- Update and maintain the technical activities within Salesforce system
- Ability to lead, take ownership and successfully execute activities on time and to the desired outcomes
- Adhere to McAfee corporate guidelines and compliance
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines in security information or Information technology including one or more of the following: CISSP, CCNA, CISM / CRISC CCSK – Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge
- Working for vendor / system integrator within Channel Presales highly desired
- 3+ years’ experience in architecting, designing, managing security solutions is preferred with expert in one or more of the following disciplines: Endpoint Security, Network Security, Forensic Analysis, Data Loss Prevention, Security Management
- Network skills across intrusion prevention systems, Perimeter & Gateway Security solutions or network security management.
- Experience on SOC Operations will be an added advantage.
- Security expert in Cloud & Data Centre protection will be strongly valued.
- The position will require travel within theatre
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring your true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee. Perks include:
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Support for Community Involvement and Programs
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (Ireland)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.