Senior Engineering Manager McAfee AgentPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 07/11/2019
Looking for an accomplished Senior Engineering Manager to drive the evolution of McAfee’s industry leading security Management Agent. As a seasoned engineering manager who has focused on sustainably delivering great, cloud first products, you are excited for the opportunity to guide an established team to deliver solutions for complex business challenges.
You will work within a Scrum environment to design, develop and deliver the security Management Agent, telemetry, and security management workflows that will be used by McAfee and partners to manage security products on millions of systems, tablets and smart phones from the cloud and on-premise. You are a seasoned engineering manager with experience delivering commercial products.
- Make good things happen.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of security management platform, automation, telemetry, and successful product integrations.
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into clear feature, performance and integration priorities and functional boundaries.
- Work closely with architects and Product Management to ensure development of the best technical design and approach for product development.
- Evolve the product integration process, materials, and tracking for success.
- Delivery by the team of high quality, useful applications with robust test automation on-time and on-budget.
- Ensure the team delivers appropriate planning artifacts, and project quality & progress metrics for monitoring and predicting progress.
- Ensuring the team leverages a repeatable, predictable development process to facilitate on-boarding new team members.
- Manage expectations and team execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Evolution of the software engineering practice within the organization, such as evolution of development and testing methodology.
- Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of senior level engineers, developing and managing the group, and conducting performance reviews of team members
- Report on status of McAfee Agent quality to management, customer support and product teams via well-developed team dashboards and metrics, and predictable, periodic functional code drops.
- Report on the status of McAfee security product integrations leveraging new management platform capabilities, from planning, to implementation, and release.
The following will help ensure a successful application:
- Strong customer focus and technical vision.
- Proven results oriented person with a focus on delivering value to customers in a predictable and sustainable manner.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to build a sense of ownership, urgency, and drive in team members.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Previous demonstrated project management success on commercial product projects. Highly scalable products a plus.
- 5+ years as development Manager. Additional experience in development a plus.
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.