Chief of StaffPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 07/19/2019
Job Title:Chief of Staff
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee is seeking a multi-tasking, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to assume the role of Chief of Staff, reporting into the VP of Products & Marketing for Enterprise Products.
The mission of this role is to facilitate the achievement of the leader’s objectives and provide high-quality leverage and insights. The successful candidate will prioritize requests and demands, execute on strategic cross functional business initiatives, as well as partner to streamline and manage schedules and commitments. This position will assist the VP in facilitating effective decision-making and achieving meaningful results. The incredible context and experiences gained regarding how McAfee operates, and the strong set of senior level relationships developed in this assignment will help set up this individual for success in future roles.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Job:
- Coordinate the execution of cross functional strategic initiatives. Organize and execute activities in a productive and collaborative environment. Work across organizations to accomplish goals.
- Prepare for Quarterly Business Reviews, Board of Managers meeting, Staff meetings, agenda, notes, actions/follow ups. Support the executive communications team with internal and external messaging, including keynote presentations.
- Provide maximum leverage focusing on time management, meeting preparation and prioritization of activities. Set quarterly plans for priorities, then actively source meetings that reflect these priorities and manage inbound requests based on the plan. Review progress and time utilization on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all staff issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved. Design and implement the operating cadence, including running staff meetings, projects, initiatives, key issues/tasks, and metrics.
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships with direct reports, key cross-functional leaders, and employees at all levels.
- Owns projects, solves problems effectively, and helps position the team for success.
- Strong understanding of business. Research and analytical skills to cover a wide range of business and technology areas. Must have a desire to learn how the entire organization functions and the key drivers for success in every area.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to deliver high priority and diverse projects on time and in high quality. Flexibility to adapt and manage assignments as they evolve and are replaced by other priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Problem framing - excels at finding structures/frameworks/models that help people better understand the problem and trade-offs at hand
- Operating in ambiguity - can hold multiple, conflicting “truths” at once, and not get perturbed by lack of clear direction
- Project management - successfully shepherds complex projects; is exceptionally organized, sweats the details, and can influence without authority
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management. Network across multiple business groups.
- Impeccable managerial, interpersonal and written communications skills enabling you to be influential at all levels.
- Strong ability to influence and collaborate. Comfortable providing strategic advice to chief executive officer and/or the executive staff with the intent of improving the daily management of the company.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- The ideal candidate is self-driven, results oriented, strategically adept
- High integrity, excellent judgement — you’ll have access to sensitive information and must treat it appropriately; this person should always remember that they represent the VP
- Highly collaborative — you recognize the value of bringing people along
- Sense of ownership — you have a mentality of “the buck stops with me” and always ask “what did I contribute to this situation?”
- Brave, adaptable, calm under pressure — you’re unafraid to operate in high-pressure, chaotic situations
- Intellectual curiosity — you're eager to learn new concepts; you're willing to admit you don’t know certain things, will ask for help, roll up your sleeves, and learn
- Self-aware — you aren't complacent when it comes to personal growth; you’re receptive to feedback and eager to grow despite one's seniority
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)