Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 08/26/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:McAfee enterprise is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer with SDET (Software Development in Test) skills to work on a variety of customer facing activities for product development services offered by our department. These activities include developing enhancements to the services, outreach to internal McAfee product teams for expanded use of the services, triaging issues and applying bug fixes. As an accomplished Software Development Engineer, you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform your best and challenges to engineer solutions for complex business challenges.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the role
- Develop a strong knowledge of the McAfee corporate products and related technology to understand cross product dependencies and effectively coach product teams on how to integrate our services
- This specific role will involve working across multiple services focused on build and test infrastructure.
- These services play a vital role in the McAfee product release cycle by supporting McAfee product team needs for automated product build, validation and deployment.
- Use Excellent communication skills, ability to make and influence decisions, and drive open issues and discussions to a closure
- working with cross site and cross functional product teams to isolate problems; and tracking the issues to complete resolution
- Must excel in both individual and group settings Promptly identifying and escalating defects to the McAfee product teams
- Participate in design Reviews and Code Inspections and code reviews
About you :
- 0-1+ years of experience with common software development practices such as code reviews and defect analysis with an emphasis on Development and sustaining responsibilities
- Should have very good knowledge on CI/CD Tools like Jenkins, Docker
- Good knowledge Problem Solving and Debugging skills
- Must have good knowledge of continuous delivery methodology and experience delivering software using continuous delivery principles
- Good understanding on Microsoft Windows operating systems and also UNIX, Linux or Mac.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.