Software Development Engineer – Server (Python)Primary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 09/16/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer – Server (Python)
This position is for the server team in McAfee consumer. We are looking for a Python developer to join our team of developers! We want a developer that possesses a passion for pushing server technologies to the limits. Work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. The primary focus will be the development of server logic in python with ensuring high performance and responsiveness.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Develop Cloud-based built on micro-services/monolithic based paradigms, achieving horizontal scaling and deployed on the Cloud model.
- Design and build applications in python.
- Maintain quality and ensure the responsiveness of APIs.
- Hands-on experience in RabbitMQ/Kafka, SQL, NoSQL DB (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.), MVC frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django, Tornado)
- Hands-on experience in Asynchronous Event Processing at scale.
- Experience in debugging distributed applications.
- Knowledge of Unix based operating systems.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented and Design Patterns.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git or SVN.
- Excellent coding skills with extensive programming experience.
- Ensure that validated deliverable meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Identify any potential quality issues as per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately.
- Collaborate with the rest of the cross-functional engineering team to analyze, design and launch new features.
- Understand the role of development engineer with agile mythology and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience in development
- Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts.
- Experience in working on Windows and Linux systems
- Good communication skills- written and verbal
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Should be a good Team Player and follows effective software practices to ensure project work/products comply with applicable standards requirements.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)