Director DevOpsPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Additional Locations Date posted 08/17/2018
At McAfee Cloud we’re building groundbreaking technology to help enterprises enable and accelerate the safe adoption of cloud services. We have a work hard, play hard culture that fosters a fun, energetic, and collaborative work environment. Most importantly, we all check our egos at the door. Skyhigh Security Cloud™ helps the world’s largest organizations unleash the power of the cloud by providing real-time protection for enterprise data and users across all cloud services.
We have the following opportunity for a creative, innovative and results-oriented person willing to go the extra mile in a fast-paced environment.
Lead DevOps team engaged in SaaS product with multiple production environments across the continents, including GovCloud for government customers and POPs around the globe. Motivate and lead the team by examples and being hands-on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a 24x7 operating environment for our SaaS products with high stability and reliability
- Work closely with Engineering to understand the product/services requirements and provide needed infrastructure
- Evangelize best operational practices for high performance SaaS solutions across the company
- Build best-in-class technical operations centered functions for the overall monitoring, alerting, management and escalation of all technology infrastructure services
- Build and mentor world class DevOps team
- Adapt to time critical deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Timely, clear and effective communication of the complex analysis, its results and issue status from the beginning to end of the issue resolution to all the stake holders
- Passion for customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to work with a team as well as work independently
- A can-do attitude with focus on execution and timely delivery
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computers, Engineering, or related fields
- 10+ years of professional technology experience
- 3-5 years hands-on AWS experience required
- 5+ years of management experience in start-up environment, including DevOps teams
- Proven track of leading and driving projects, teams and initiatives
- Hands-on experience with Databases (SQL/NoSQL), Linux and DevOps tools
- Strong communications - written and verbal, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.