Sr. Sales Engineer - AtlantaPrimary Location Atlanta, Georgia Date posted 02/18/2020
Job Title:Sr. Sales Engineer - Southeast
US, Georgia, Atlanta
The Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Regional Account Managers, as part of McAfee’s Global Sales Team to lead Pre-Sales activities and oversee the sales support of McAfee products to existing and prospective customers within the assigned geographic region. The SE is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the sales team with Pre-Sales technical knowledge and presentations. They work closely with sales managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Participate in conference calls and customer prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post-sale installations when necessary.
- Manage the Regional Strategic Account customer base on their technical needs.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences, when needed.
- Your background includes ten or more (10+) years of professional systems engineering experience, including five or more (5+) years in a sales related role
- Your passion for the Security field encompasses hands-on engineering experience, and a working knowledge of multiple security products (IPS/IDS, SIEM, Endpoint, Network Security, etc.)
- Security Certifications or other technical achievements are an appreciated benefit
- Technical requirements:
- Understand Proxy and Firewall technology and logs
- Work with Linux, Windows and Mac OS based servers and endpoints.
- Proficient with mobile device technologies and OS such as Android, iOS and Windows Mobile.
- Knowledge of certificates, key management systems, HSM and related protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime.
- Time management, multi-tasking, prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills allowing you to be influential at all levels
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.