Return to Work Apprenticeship - Technical SupportPrimary Location Aylesbury, Date posted 10/04/2019
Job Title:Return to Work Apprenticeship - Technical Support
At McAfee, we recognize that each employee’s unique experiences, perspectives and viewpoints play a critical part in helping us achieve our goal of creating products and services that engage and inspire our global customer base. And because being a diverse and inclusive organization is not only the right thing to do, but also provides us a competitive business advantage, we have put things in place to foster this type of diversity at all levels of our organization.
McAfee’s Return to Work program is looking for talented and experienced professionals who are re-entering the workforce after having a minimum break of 1-2 years. This is a 12-week paid apprenticeship in our Aylesbury, UK office, where you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of business specific projects, participate in targeted trainings, network and grow within our innovative and progressive cyber security industry. In addition to providing the tools and support needed to re-enter the workforce, we are ultimately looking to grow our permanent McAfee family.
Please note: while the program is designed to be a potential segue into a full-time opportunity, it is not a guarantee. We want to ensure this is the proper fit for everyone and is dependent upon the individual’s performance/interest and the business’ need/availability.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Daily you will work with some of McAfee's most valuable customers, assisting them in the use of McAfee products and services to the highest levels. The role consists of both reactive issue resolution and pro-active communication.
- You will be working with our customers to help them protect their organisations against cyber-attacks.
- You will provide advice and recommendations in advance as well as assistance when their networks come under attack.
- You will be on the front line, working with both large and small customers experiencing problems with products such as ePolicy Orchestrator and McAfee Agent.
- Design and development of programs online, instructor-led, blended learning, classroom and supplemental training materials (i.e., user guides, videos, and job aids) that are functional, engaging, informative, and consistent with sound instructional design principles.
- Utilize industry information, internal assessments, and other data to understand critical needs & opportunities and design initiatives to meet those gaps.
- Partner with team members and stakeholders to ensure alignment of projects and initiatives.
Who You Are
- Minimum 1-2 year break in service from workforce
- Available for FT work (with flexibility) for 12 weeks
- Prior experience in Customer Support would be a distinct advantage, either direct sales or pre-sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Strong communications skills
- Strategic thinker with a can-do and creative mindset
- Detail-oriented and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Passionate to learn more about the cybersecurity and technology industry
- Graduate degree with demonstrated relevant experience is the ideal
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern
Primary Location:England, Aylesbury
- Technical Support Intern - 12 Month Internship Student, Internship Aylesbury, England
- Software Engineering Internship - 12 Months Student, Software Engineer, Internship Aylesbury, England
- Return to Work Apprenticeship - Software Development Student, Return to Work, Software Development Aylesbury, England