Senior Technical Support Engineer (German)Primary Location England, Aylesbury Date posted 05/10/2021
Job Title:Senior Technical Support Engineer (German)
Role Overview:In this role of a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will report to the Manager of Technical Support. You will provide end-to-end Service Request ownership, working with all levels within Support, Engineering and Product Management to identify/implement technical solutions to customer issues and sharing feedback to help improve the quality of the customer experience, from systems and processes through to our products technologies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- A successful Senior Technical Support Engineer (STSE) provides technical support to customers for several issues within their solution vertical.
- This includes facilitating a resolution for all technical issues brought to your attention and leveraging Engineering teams.
- The STSE can solve complex, real-world issues while balancing an increased workload.
- STSEs will own and drive to improve "Knowledge to Assist" for all Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) by providing real-time consultation, documentation and instructor-led training.
- Take ownership of problems and create resolutions when customers are relying on you
- Work directly with customers to promote resolution of the most complex or important issues
- Communicate with Sales and all other internal relationship management groups, including SAMS and RSAMs, to improve the customer experience
- Conduct remote sessions and onsite visits with customers
- Submit product defects
- Work complex issues and collaborate with Engineering to create solutions
- Proactively communicate emerging issues to technical support, Sales Engineering, and Professional Services Teams
- Mentor Technical Support Engineers by providing technical and, if needed, customer relationship direction
- Fluent German speaker
- You have experience working with Enterprise-level customers
- You have experience working in Network or IT Security related roles (NOC, Telecoms)
- Linux expert
- Experience supporting IPS product preferable
- Good judgement to assess and understand the impact and urgency of issues
- Listen to, understand and represent the customer
- A growth mindset, with the ability to learn new products and technologies
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.