Software Development EngineerPrimary Location England, Aylesbury Date posted 10/12/2021
Role Overview:The Foundation Technology Engineering team achieves endpoint security and protection components that are integrated into multiple products. We are split between the Bangalore (India) and the Aylesbury (UK) offices and is made up of development and quality assurance engineers. We're looking for a software engineer that can take on both Development and QA tasks developing C++ and Python code. Development engineers in the team design, test and support components that ship to a very large customer base and therefore high-quality approach is an essential attribute. Development Engineers are also responsible for producing automated test harnesses to test that functionality behaviour matches a specification.
We are looking for you to have a broad experience of the complete development life-cycle, working with diverse technology and development environments. Delivering on tasks relating to feature development and QA, infrastructure, tools and release activities, you will represent an excellent career growth opportunity.
About the Role:
- Be a contributor for components of the project
- Design and development of new features to match a specification
- Develop and maintain high quality software documentation
- Be an experienced C++ developer of a complex system
- Write automated unit tests to test a development deliverable
- Create, review, and update automated and manual test cases
- Will create, maintain, and execute automated test scripts (using Python)
- Get involved in internal projects to improve tools and automation
- Logging, tracking and verification of defects, often automated
- Analyze and fix field issues
- Provide technical input for product sub-system, application design, analysis, testing, process improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Peer review code changes to portions of the product source code
You must have excellent C++ knowledge with recent C++ development experience.
You must haveexperienceofdevelopmentacrossWindowsdesktop and server platforms
You must have experience in either agile development, design patterns
You must have an in depth knowledge of Windows Internals
Knowledge/use of source control systems and defect tracking systems.
Experience of crash dump analysis
Experience of kernel development
Experience of agile development processes.
Experience of using a unit test framework
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.