Software Engineering Internship - 12 MonthsPrimary Location Aylesbury, Date posted 01/02/2020
Job Title:Software Engineering Internship - 12 Months
Do you want to be working on the front line in the exciting world of cybersecurity? Today most everyday activities rely on the reliability and security of our personal devices and of the technology that manages the world we live in. You can join us in creating the next generation of cybersecurity technologies that will protect us and our data from attack and abuse.
Three of our Software Engineering Teams are looking to hire 3 Software Engineering Interns - 12 Month fixed term contract.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role
Content Release group
- As an intern within the Content Release group, you will be working on development and testing of our systems which are responsible for building, testing and releasing the daily content to millions of customers.
- You will work as part of the Operations team, fulfilling the daily operations process and trying to identify ways to improve this
- You will collaborate closely with your immediate colleagues, having daily meetings to discuss and share work tasks.
- You will develop a broad range of skills required to fulfill the needs of the team including software design, development, testing as well as considering the legal and security aspects of the software development process.
Data Protection Group
McAfee Data Protection secures against data breaches that can damage organizations, ruin reputations and result in the leakage of personal information. You will join us in the further development of McAfee cloud services that enable our customers to protect their sensitive content. You will learn new skills and technologies within a supportive agile development team. Your colleagues will work with you, guiding you so that you contribute directly to all aspects of software development, allowing you to build and enhance skills in design, coding, test automation, infrastructure maintenance and support for the production software. Roles exist in teams developing our next generation user interfaces as well as in developing content scanning technologies depending on your skills and interests.
You will also have the opportunity to volunteer and participate in our community outreach programs, including days for local charities, teaching online safety, supporting students from local schools in their programming projects and introducing younger local children to programming.
Foundational Tech Engineering (FTE) Group
The FTE Engineering team delivers endpoint security and protection components that are integrated into multiple products.
As a member of the FTE Engineering Team the focus of this opportunity is to effectively and passionately drive quality solutions into our software.
The FTE Engineering team delivers endpoint security and protection components that are integrated into multiple products. Our team is split between the Aylesbury (UK) and the Bangalore (India) offices and is made up of Development and Quality Assurance engineers. We’re looking for interns that can take on both Development and QA tasks developing and designing Python and C++ code. The Engineers in the team design, test and support components that ship to a very large customer base and therefore high-quality approach is a critical attribute. Engineers are also responsible for producing automated test harnesses to test that functionality behavior matches a specification alongside exploratory and manual testing of functionality.
- Be studying for a Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or similar technical discipline that includes significant computer programming content
- Have good programming skills using an object-oriented programming language, e.g. Java, C++, C, Python
- Have an ability to solve problems in an efficient manner.
- Have a basic understanding of agile and scrum development methodologies
- Have an interest and enthusiasm for working with new technologies
- Possess excellent verbal and written English skills
- Have an ability to communicate ideas and describe your work using visual aids where appropriate
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern