Cloud Engineer - RemotePrimary Location India Date posted 21-Sep-2022
Role Overview:We are looking for a cloud developer who will be responsible for building a cloud service API for our home gateway platform. Cloud services will be consumed by gateways as well as mobile devices. You should have extensive experience in building web-services using SOAP or REST-based API frameworks. You will be responsible for building a high-performance REST-based API that will help connect the mobile systems to the home gateway. They will also be building high-performance back-end servers that will scale across millions of users across geographies.
This is a remote position in India. We will only consider candidates currently in India and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
- Develop and deploy software in AWS as well as write reusable, testable, and efficient code using Go, leveraging some of the open source frameworks.
- Develop RESTful services that will be consumed across mobile devices and gateway platforms.
- Implement a back-end architecture that can scale to handle a large number of concurrent users.
- Design efficient caching systems and algorithms using a known method, e.g. "Memcached."
- Be an active participant in an Agile Scrum environment, helping to build the web-services platform for the home gateway product.
- You should have 4 to 6 years with excellent programming skills in Go/Python.
- Should have 2+ years of cloud/AWS architecture, development, and deployment experience.
- Solid understanding of caching implementation, e.g., Memcached. Redis
- Experience working with a NOSQL system such as Cassandra or Dynamo is desirable.
- An understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.