Cloud Operations EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/04/2021
Job Title:Cloud Operations Engineer
Role Overview:Primarily responsible for deploying, and operating proof-of-concept and development installations that go far beyond traditional or current industry approaches. They specify and refine the requirements of hardware, automation, management, monitoring, protocols, and device operating systems. They create solutions that can be repeatedly deployed and operated at massive scale by applying their unique, multidisciplinary, practice to ensure the stability, scalability, performance, and operational success, often by building software systems that manage these aspects of the company¿s services. The role requires software engineering knowledge to manage operational and reliability aspects of the systems they build, as well as operating system knowledge, including resource management, networking protocol stacks, file systems, and monitoring.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will be part of a global team that is responsible for McAfee Cloud Services that enable protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for supporting Cloud service measurement, monitoring, and reporting
- Improving overall operational quality through common practices and by working with engineering, QA, IaaS, and product DevOps teams
- Responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of McAfee Production environments
- Responsible for continuous measurement and high availability of the Production environments
- Provide technical support for day to day operations of critical Cloud Services as part of an operational support rotation. This will require participation on our On-Call rotation
- Part of a 24/7 team providing first line of Operational Support including event response and recovery efforts
- Work closely with Cloud Solution Engineers to ensure system health
- You will have ownership and responsibilities for the high availability of Production environments
- Able to work in shifts on a rotational basis
- Input into the monitoring of systems applications and supporting data
- Report on system uptime and availability
- Collaborate with other team member on best practices
- Assist with service deployments to staging & production environments
- Assist with creating and updating runbooks & SOP’s
- At least 3 to 5 years of hands-on working experience in building & supporting large scale environments
- 2 or more years of professional work experience supporting complex technical solutions hosted in AWS or GCP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, deploying, testing and troubleshooting systems
- Experience working with and supporting production-level services within public cloud environments
- Strong production support background and experience of in-depth troubleshooting
- Experience working with solutions in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience using modern Monitoring and Alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Alerta, Opsgenie etc.)
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Service Management) – incident management, problem management, release management & Agile practices.
- Basic Networking knowledge (Switches, VLANs, Firewalls, MPLS and Security) to assist Network team in troubleshooting
- Familiarity with the tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.) and processes used to support a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment.
- Familiarity with Containerization and associated management tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud Computing experience / AWS / GCP
- SQLServer, PostgreSQL or MySQL experience
- Experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages
- At least one or more AWS Certifications
- Experienced with AWS Security (IAM, Security Groups, KMS, etc.)
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.