Cloud Senior Software ArchitectPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 10/11/2021
Role Overview:AWS Cloud Architect with 12+ years hands on experience in Architecting, Designing large-scale cloud-based systems who can scale to 50k queries per second at 99.99% availability. This is a hands-on role. Make high-level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms. Determine coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements. Perform pathfinding and surveys technologies. Work with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry and between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development
About the role:
- Manage end-to-end Architecture, including design, implementation, and maintenance of a highly scaled AWS cloud system which uses Machine Learning and related data analytics to provide protection to McAfee customers. Required system availability is 99.99%+
- Implement the solution (this is a full-time hands-on coding role).
- Build software solutions to address business issues.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to the team.
- Research new technologies and proposes changes to the existing architecture by recommending processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Work with peer organisations, quality assurance and end users to produce software solutions.
- Interpret our requirements to share the needs to be addressed.
- Troubleshoot code level problems and have ability fix technical issues as they arise.
- Analyse the impact that certain technical choices may have on a client's business processes.
- Lead a diverse group of project partners and members towards the successful delivery of a project.
- Work with other engineers in DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering roles to ensure high service availability.
- 12-15+ years experience in software development required with hands on experience in coding using Python/Java/C++/Nodejs. Other languages such as Go, Rust, and Scala are of interest, but are not required.
- 8+ years' experience architecting the solutions, creating technical design documents by detailing the implementation approaches, consulting experience of large-scale enterprise applications.
- Experience Architecting, Implementing, and Delivering commercial software with minimum 99.9% availability, at low-cost.
- Experience engineering, architecting, and implementing the high-level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
- Determine coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Perform pathfinding and surveys technologies.
- Experience with Application, Infrastructure, and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability and reliability of a system.
- Expert in defining and developing distributed and scalable products, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Strong collaborator – willingness to share ideas, documentation, and leading practices.
- Conceptual thinker – ability to extract, analyse, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies.
- Working knowledge of secure coding practices, and top-10 OWASP AppSec risk avoidance to produce bullet-proof secure software.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.