Cloud Software ArchitectPrimary Location India, Bangalore Additional Location(s) India, Mumbai; India, Kolkata; India, Chennai; India, Mumbai; India, Bangalore; Remote India; India, Ahmedabad; India, Hyderabad; India, Hyderabad; India, Bangalore; India, New Delhi; India, Pune; India, New Delhi Date posted 01/31/2021
Job Title:Cloud Software Architect
Role Overview:The Software Architect manages the technical direction of a project. You will make high-level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms. Determine coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements. Perform pathfinding and surveys technologies. Work with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry and between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development. You will report to the Sr. Director, Engineering.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Develop and automate large-scale data processing systems (batch and streaming).
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, extensible, efficient, testable and maintainable.
- Influence logging, Auditing support for our data flow.
- Design data models for storage and retrieval to meet product requirements.
- Pioneer a new way of thinking about data pipelines, orchestration and configuration at McAfee.
- You have 10+ years of hands-on experience with Big Data: storage (HDFS, S3 etc.) & processing technologies (e.g., Kafka, Spark, Hive, Airflow etc.).
- Experience with both scripting and system programming languages (Java, Python, Go, Scala, Nodejs).
- Exposure to Database Technologies
- Experience with services based architecture (microservices, event driven architecture) including defining and testing APIs.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP – preferable AWS.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.