Cloud SREPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 01/21/2020
Job Title:Cloud SRE
We are seeking a Senior Service Reliability Engineer who will be responsible for improving and maintaining a software development, test and live infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, have experience with Linux and other *NIX-derivatives, and is
comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment. Your primary mission as a SRE Engineer is working closely with the development, technical operations, quality assurance, and product management teams, to ensure the timely delivery of robust technical solutions for McAfee MVision Cloud customers and internal teams.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
Support McAfee MVision Cloud mission critical, front-end and back-end systems and applications in production and preproduction environments.
• Identify and drive improvements in infrastructure and system reliability, performance, monitoring, and overall stability of McAfee MVision Cloud systems
• Capacity planning and demand forecasting to meet systems demand, identifying performance bottlenecks and devising tuning improvements
• Build tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks and prevent incident occurrence
• Create and maintain operational run books and documentation
• Participate in 24×7 operational support and on-call rotation
Minimum of 7 years of production environment engineering, configuration management, release engineering
• Experience supporting, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed mission critical systems
• Systematic problem solving approach and strong sense of ownership to drive problems to resolution
• Experience configuring and managing web servers (Apache, Tomcat, Nginx) and RESTful web service applications
• Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture
• Experience with configuring, managing and supporting virtualized environments
• Proficiency working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, and Cloudfront in a highly available and scalable production environment
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Glu, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
• Experience with SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL databases (Redis, CouchBase, Cassandra)
• Experience with open source technologies (Kafka, Memcached, Redis, Hadoop, HBase, Zookeeper, Oozie)
• Network knowledge (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, Load balancing) and prior network administration experience is a big plus
• Extensive scripting experience with Shell, Python or Ruby
• Experience documenting processes, systems, environments and runbook procedures
• Experience with source control tools such as GIT/GitHub, SVN, or Perforce
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:India, Bangalore
- Senior Software Development Engineer Engineering, Software Development Bengaluru, Karnataka
- DevOps Engineer for Cloud Workload Protection Platform (Linux) Engineering, Cloud, Devops Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Software Quality Engineer for Cloud Workload Protection Platform (Windows) Engineering, Cloud Bengaluru, Karnataka