Data Analyst - InternPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 07/10/2019
Job Title:Data Analyst - Intern
As a Customer Experience Data Analyst Intern, you will draw business insights from data through complex analysis, mining, and visualization. You will learn to understand the nuances of McAfee’s B2B and B2C business and ensure that we capture, mine, and act on data related to our customers, our products, and our operational and financial performance to drive business impact. You will leverage strong technical skills and creative thinking to solve problems and make quantitative decisions. You’ll work with cutting edge tools and products at the intersection of technology and business.
Most importantly, you’ll allow us to get unique and valuable insights that go beyond the obvious and help us achieve extraordinary results.
Duration of Internship - 9 months
Conversion to Full Time - Yes (Performance Based)
Location - Bangalore, India
Shift - Regular
B.E(CS/IS/ECE)/M.E/M.Tech/MCA/BCA/BSc (CS) with MBA in Data Science/Business Analytics
Experience - 0 - 2 years (including Internship)
Excellent Communication Skills
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
- Identify, analyze and interpret complex data sets to provide insight into key business drivers. Develop automation for on-demand and self-service reporting of customer experience data to empower teams to:
- Drive deeper insights. Deliver insights critical for identifying areas of focus to improve customer outcomes
- Provide timely and accurate data in support of ad-hoc reporting.
- Understand data process flows and recommend data quality and process enhancements
- Identify potential changes in business and prove / disprove underlying reasons for change using data
- Streamline information, utilize key performance metrics to provide actionable and new insights. Develop tools and reporting methods addressing customer outcomes using Excel and Power BI to enable senior leadership to visualize the state of the business and draw actionable conclusions
- Extract usable information from unstructured data using data mining techniques
- Identify and analyze data necessary to gain insight to optimize and improve and optimized customer outcomes.
- Create interactive data visualizations and presentations that allow the business leaders to adjust quickly to performance and market trends and make data-driven decisions
- Present and deliver valuable customer insights to McAfee business leaders
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Advanced personal computing skills and knowledge of MS Excel and creating presentations with MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience with querying languages (PowerBI, SQL, etc.) preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities
- College projects or thesis relevant to the job description above
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Recent College Graduate
Shift 1 (India)