Database Analyst - RemotePrimary Location India Date posted 01-Jul-2022
Role Overview:We are seeking a talented and motivated Database Analyst to join McAfee team, who is passionate about problem solving of both simple to complex solutions. Engineers on this team, work across a wide, and growing, range of technologies and languages, and are proud of the standards to which they hold themselves. This role will be responsible for driving all database technology facets of the team's technical decisions including, architecture, design, and coding best practices. The ideal candidate shall possess a combination of software engineering, and data engineering experience
This is a remote position in India. We will only consider candidates currently in India and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
- You’ll be surrounded by a team of passionate engineers off whom you will provide, recommendations, ideas, collaborate .
- You will work with DevOps, Architecture, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Experience, Security, and other groups across the organization.
- You will provide database design recommendations, review code, and manage automated releases across various environments.
- You will develop and manage data migration, data sync and CI-CD pipeline.
- You will follow a collaborative process with architects and peers to find innovative solutions to group specific business problems.
- Recognize, document, adopt & recommend best database practices across engineering organization.
- Investigate and resolve technical and non-technical issues, resolving critical incidents in a timely manner.
- Meeting deadlines on fast-paced deliverables.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related fields preferred.
- 5+ Years’ Experience with SQL/NoSQL database technologies like Postgres, SQL Server, Cassandra.
- Nice to have orchestration & data pipeline/deployment tools experience.
- Expert level hands-on experience in a cloud-based database engineering ecosystem like AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms.
- Good Knowledge on CI/CD.
- Working proficiency in a Linux environment.
- Good technical communication skills and the ability to explain complex concepts clearly.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.