DevOps Engineer - RemotePrimary Location India Date posted 11-Apr-2022
Role Overview:We are the eCommerce team of McAfee building next-generation solutions to help acquire new customers and retain existing customers. This position is for a Senior Software Development Engineer who will play the dual role of DevOps Engineer and a Full-stack developer.
This is a remote position in India. We will only consider candidates currently in India and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of products that are fast, scalable, responsive, and support scaling our customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Architect, develop, test, and deploy cloud (AWS) native applications and micro-services.
- Curate and manage telemetry, dataflows, and workflow automation to help the business improve results.
- Containers and Orchestration using Docker & Kubernetes.
- Work with global teams including Architecture, Product Management, Customer Experience and Design, Security, DevOps, and other groups developing McAfee Products.
- In partnership with Senior Engineers and Leaders, drive the design, implementation of public Cloud automation platform including CI/CD, repositories, environment provisioning build-up, tear-down.
- Design and manage CI/CD platform stability and scalability on tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Harness, Artifactory, Cloudbees, and other services that allow for multiple releases/day, roll-forward/back, and developer visibility.
- Implementation of Infrastructure as Code for provisioning using tools such as Terraform and Gruntwork.io
- Automate and build integrations, bots, and APIs for managing the lifecycle of our systems, applications, and data.
- 3+ years of experience in building consumer-facing scalable web applications and services using languages like C#, Node.JS, or GoLang.
- 2+ years of experience in building cloud-native and cloud-ready applications on AWS.
- 2+ years of experience in leading the design and implementation of Cloud systems in AWS using tools like Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, or Ansible.
- 2+ years of experience in building CICD pipeline supporting cloud applications using tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, Gitlab, in multiple product and service environments.
- Mandatory Skills: Node.JS, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Expert in major AWS concepts such as AutoScaling, ELB, VPC, CodeDeploy, SSO, Security Groups, EC2, S3, Lambda functions, API gateway, CloudFront, Costing, CloudWatch, Route53, RDS, ECS, EKS, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Relational/ NoSQL databases such as MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and Dynamo DB.
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs and general service-oriented architectures.
- Experience in object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in building applications optimized for performance, high availability, low latency, and scalability with personalization and A/B testing capability.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.