Devops EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 01/24/2020
Job Title:Devops Engineer
We seek a hands-on DevOps Engineer, who'll be responsible for all aspects of network and server Operations in a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment. You'll work with a top-notch team using cutting edge technology. We host high-capacity, high-performance infrastructure for enterprise cloud security controls. Operations collaborates cross-functionally with Engineering in an Agile-based environment on the design, delivery and implementation of product technology and services. We embrace DevOps philosophies and seek to automate everything.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- You will work closely with the development teams, follow DevOps practices, automate infrastructure activities, documents standards and procedures.
- Drawing on your creative nature, you will drive the existing automation frameworks forward to benefit automation across multiple products, and may be asked to create new frameworks depending on need.
- Provide visibility on application health by defining dashboards, metric/log aggregation mechanisms.
- Coding using Python and AWS cloud formation.
- Ability to learn to use new tools, and quickly become a subject matter expert.
- Improving site performance, monitoring and overall stability of our infrastructure.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide proof-of-concept
- Additional duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture.
- You should have 5-8 years of experience
- Experience with configuring, managing and supporting virtualized environments.
- Experience configuring and managing web servers (Apache, Tomcat, Nginx) and RESTful web service applications.
- Proficiency working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, Cloudformation in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL databases (Redis, CouchBase, Cassandra).
- Experience with Kafka, Rabbitmq, Elastic Search, Redis.
- Experience with Hadoop, HBase, Zookeeper, Oozie - Not mandatory.
- Extensive scripting experience with any of Shell, Python or Ruby.
- Experience with source control tools such as GIT/Github, SVN, or Perforce.
- Experience supporting, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed mission critical systems.
- Systematic problem solving approach and strong sense of ownership to drive problems to resolution.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:India, Bangalore
- Senior Software Development Engineer Engineering, Software Development Bengaluru, Karnataka
- DevOps Engineer for Cloud Workload Protection Platform (Linux) Engineering, Cloud, Devops Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Software Quality Engineer for Cloud Workload Protection Platform (Windows) Engineering, Cloud Bengaluru, Karnataka